If you want to count cards when playing high limit blackjack but are not successful with traditional techniques, we recommend you take a look at the Zen count blackjack system.
As we mentioned in our how to make money playing blackjack guide, card counting is a legal technique and can be used in all variants of the game (including mobile blackjack).
It is possible to use different systems for counting cards, and Zen count is one of them: Little known but highly effective. In this Zen count system explained guide, we explain in detail everything you need to know about the technique.
- 1The history of Zen card counting system in blackjack
- 2What is Zen card counting?
- 3How does the Zen count work in blackjack?
- 4Choosing the right bet size with Zen blackjack card counting
- 5How to use the Zen card counting effectively?
- 6What to expect from Zen count blackjack
- 7FAQ: Your questions on the Zen card counting answered
Our top casino picks where you can play Blackjack:
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
The history of Zen card counting system in blackjack
Counting cards is the most common online blackjack strategy, and a technique called “hi-lo” is often used for this job. Until the 80s, almost all gamblers counted cards with this technique, and it is still extremely popular today.
Best online casinos to play blackjack in 2023
What is Zen card counting?
Below we explain the main features and rules of the Zen card counting system:
How does the Zen count work in blackjack?
Regardless of the variant, whether you play European blackjack or Bitcoin blackjack, each card has a point value and these values do not change. You can see them in the Zen count CSGO blackjack strategy chart below:
As can be seen from this table, the average Zen count range blackjack is not overly broad. To put it simply, when playing with Zen count indices blackjack, you must calculate the point values of all the cards on the table in your head and constantly update the result: This is called “running count”.
What you need to do is play with the minimum bet if the running count is a negative number or 0. Each time the count rises, you must increase your bet by 1 unit.
Let’s give an example and imagine that the following cards are played in order in the game:
In this example, you have to start playing with the minimum bet from card 10 and continue by increasing the stake by 1 unit after card 4. Keeping running count in mind constantly is the most important part of the Zen count technique.
Choosing the right bet size with Zen blackjack card counting
It is not the bet amount we are talking about here: you have to decide that personally and based on your bankroll. When we say bet size, we mean how you should behave according to the rolling count result.
The result obtained with the Zen count technique can be negative, positive, or zero. So, how can these results guide you?
- If the rolling count is a positive number, you have an increased chance of blackjack. Therefore, you can increase your bet.
- If the rolling count is a negative number or zero, you are less likely to win the game and it would be better to lower your bet.
- Keep playing with the minimum bet as long as the result is zero or a negative number.
- When the result is a positive number, keep increasing the bet amount by 1 unit.
For example, placing 3x minimum bet will be a good choice for the +3 result: We believe this is the best betting schedule for Zen count blackjack.
In this context, we should also briefly mention the concept of “true count”. If more than one deck is used in the game, the rolling count calculation can mislead you because the deck will contain extra Aces and face cards. In such a case, you need to convert running count to true count and use the result of this calculation for the Zen count technique.
The true count can be calculated by dividing the running count by the number of remaining decks. For example, if there are 5 decks left, divide the running count by 5: The result will be the true count.
How to use the Zen card counting effectively?
👉 Prefer one-deck blackjack games at first and try two-deck games after gaining some experience. Ideally, Zen count blackjack should be used in games of no more than two decks.
👉 Do not use aggressive betting techniques such as double your bet until you win with the Zen count technique. Increase or decrease the stakes within the limits described above.
👉 Check out our other blackjack guides (i.e. do you take insurance in blackjack, when to surrender in blackjack, when to double down in blackjack etc.) to find out what the best decisions will be for each card combination.
👉 Be sure to take advantage of the online casino bonuses when playing blackjack. You can start by browsing our list of 100 best online casinos.
What to expect from Zen count blackjack
- Perfectly accurate with 0.96 correlation
- Probably the best method for one-deck and double-deck games
- Aces are already included in the count
- Harder than hi-lo technique
- Not suitable for games with more than 2 decks
FAQ: Your questions on the Zen card counting answered
Win big with Zen count system
Zen count blackjack is probably the best system to use in games with the minimal number of decks: If the game is played with a single or double deck, you should definitely prefer Zen card counting. You have learned how to Zen count by reading this guide and it is now time to make some practice: Choose one of our recommended casinos and start playing blackjack with a bonus or learn about other games and strategies like 20 Card Keno, or if you want to be a professional gambler, live blackjack mobile. We are sure that you will start winning big in no time. Good luck out there!
Other related articles: