Online betting is the latest trend in betting, and the online Casino Italy offers is much flexible, allowing anyone of legal age to bet without any issue. Italy boasts of rich gambling history. The term Casino is of Italian origin.
All online casinos accept Italian punters; however, Italian online casinos are trustworthy. Besides, before registering on an online casino, consider what it has to offer. This article list some of the most legitimate online casinos – they feature verified games and licenses, tight security measures, and the best casino bonuses and promotions.
So, if you want to play at Italian casino sites, this article might be all you need. But first, a little history about gambling in Italy.
- 1History of Gambling in Italy
- 2The Gambling Laws In Italy: Is Gambling Legal?
- 3How Do We Review Italy Online Casino Sites?
- 4Mobile Casinos in Italy
- 5Claim Bonuses at Italian Online Casinos
- 6Italian Casino Efficient Payment Methods
- 7Advantages & Disadvantages for Italian Casino Players
- 8FAQ About Italy Casino Websites
Best Online Casino Picks For Italian Players
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
History of Gambling in Italy
Gambling in Italy has its roots in the ancient Roman empire. The roman empire was once a tiny town in central Italy near the Tiber River. In this town, people used to play a game called Ludus Duodecim scriptorium (baccarat), a predecessor of modern backgammon. This game was a favorite of the Roman legionnaires before the 15th century. Also, ancient roman civilians loved the game.
Historians believe that Bingo can be traced to Italy. In the 16th century, Lo Giuoco del Lotto D’Italia, a predecessor of modern Bingo, rose.
From Italy, these games spread across Europe. The 17th century saw the opening of the first gambling house in Italy, thanks to real money gambling. In the same century, there was an attempt to regulate gambling. The first gambling house, Ridotto was initially a tiny private room in Palazzo Dandolo for refreshments; however, in 1638, it was converted into the first legal gambling house.
Though it was open to the public, ideally, it was somewhat a high roller casino because it was a high stake casino and had a dress code. The lottery-style game Biribi and basetta (a mixture of poker, rummy, and blackjack) were popular options. Sadly, Ridotto closed in 1774 due to stricter regulations. Today, Ridotto is casino called Casino di Venezia.
Casino di Venezia boasts 600+ slot machines. Besides, it offers table games – blackjack and Texas Hold‘em.
Online gambling started with the spread of the internet worldwide. However, the liberalization of online casinos in Italy began in 2006, after complaints launched in 2006 to the European Union. Initially, stringent gambling rules prohibited even legitimate European gambling operators from offering online gambling services in Italy.
New Italy online casino laws were passed in 2010, allowing international gambling sites to operate in Italy. However, betting operators must get an Italian license from the gaming authority – Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato – Autonomous Administration of State Monopolies (AAMS).
This saw a surge in the popularity of online betting in Italy, especially for real money wagering. Punters can engage in many casino games include poker, online slots, bingo, poker, roulette, blackjack, and baccarat.
The Gambling Laws In Italy: Is Gambling Legal?
Gambling was banned by the Italian government up until 2002. In 2003, the Italian Gambling Act allowed “physical” forms of gambling and made them legal. After the complaint made to the European Commission in 2006 by operators, Italy changed its laws and made online gambling legal too. In short, all forms of gambling are legal in this country for 13 years. To sum it up:
- Yes, playing in the online casino in Italy is legal,
- The legal online gambling age in Italy is 18.
- Online gambling law in Italy is the Gaming Act and the Financial Act.
The agency that issues licenses to brick-and-mortar casinos is called AAMS. Online casinos are licensed by another agency called ADM. Any company can issue a license, as long as they are ready to pay the fee, which is around 300.000 EUR. Moreover, the operator is not forced to place its servers in Italy: As long as it gets a license, the servers of the casino can be anywhere in the world. In this regard, the gambling laws of Italy are quite liberal, just like in the case of countries of Online Casino Bulgaria and Estonia Online Casino .
However, despite being legal, there is a lack of licensed internet casinos in Italy. This is mostly due to heavy tax rates and lack of “opportunities”. ADM has a monopoly on licenses and every year, it determines a “quota” on new licenses. For example, in 2018, only 120 licenses were given and the general rule was “first come first served”.
In other words, if you miss the application window and become the 121st operator, for example, you must wait until the next year. The other problem is that operators are asked to pay a flat 25% tax on their net revenues. These are not encouraging things and this is why there are only a couple of local operators in the country. If you want to get access to the best bonuses and the latest games, you must prefer offshore casinos.
And this is easier than you think: The government does not censor offshore casino sites nor control their financial transactions. Without having to use a VPN, you can become a member of any casino site abroad and enjoy the games & bonus offers. So, the answer to is online casino legal in Italy question is yes, but the local operators are not that good and your best bet is still the offshore casinos, which we are listing below.
Here Is Our Best Online Casino List for Italy | 2023 Updated
How Do We Review Italy Online Casino Sites?
Selecting the best casino online in Italy is not an easy thing and requires years of experience to be correctly done. Our team has a combined experience of nearly half a century in the gambling industry, so we are up to the task. In order to be as transparent as possible, we are listing our criteria for picking the top online casino Italy sites below.
You can use the same criteria too, but we recommend just sticking with our selection of casino Italy online websites – otherwise, you have to spend days and even weeks on casino sites just to “test” them. Well, we already did this test and presented the results above. But if you are curious, here is how we picked the best online casino Italy websites.
- Content and games for Italian players. By content, we mean providing services in the Italian language: Are you able to view the website in Italian? How about customer support, can you reach an agent that speaks the same language as you? These questions are important for us but we don’t stop there: We also make sure that you can play games in your own languages, such as casino Italy online roulette and casino Italy online poker. Imagine yourself playing a casino Italy roulette online game against a real dealer who also speaks Italian: Feels good, right?
- Claimable bonus offers for Italy. Some casinos and providers limit their bonus offers for specific countries (such as Canada) but this is not the case for Italy. At the moment, none of the casino online Italy websites we list limit their services: You are free to play any game and benefit from any bonus. Play real money slots online without any restriction and leave the evaluation of bonus offers to us: We ensure that they are fair and advantageous.
- Italy cybersecurity standards. The cybersecurity standards in Italy are set both by the government and semi-official agencies such as ICT and CLUSIT. These practices protect the payment security and privacy of all Italian players. Therefore, in addition to global standards, we make sure that every Italy casino review we make complies with these applications too. You are safe and secure in our recommended online casino Italy sites.
- Mobile gambling options for Italian players. We believe that mobile casinos are an important part of the gambling industry nowadays, so we review Italian online casinos according to their mobile services too. In other words, we check whether they provide ios casinos and Android casinos too or not. In order for a casino to enter our “best of” lists, it should provide at least a flawlessly working mobile website.
- Italy specific payment options. Italian players use credit cards, debit cards, wire transfers, and e-wallet services such as PayPal and AstroPay But they also use payment methods specific to Italy, such as NeoSurf, MyBank, Mobiamo, and MINT. We believe that deposits and withdrawals should be as easy as possible, so we check whether the casinos support these specific options or not.
Mobile Casinos in Italy
The Best Online Casino Games for Italian Players
Gambling in Italy is pretty liberal, making it possible for gamblers to play a variety of games. Different people have preferences; nonetheless, the best online Casino Italy has featured a mixture of gamblers who can try any game.
Remember, Italy is a popular casino game source, and finding the right game on ideal online casinos shouldn’t be an issue. Lottery and Bingo are historically popular and remain popular today. Besides, many Italian punters bet on sports, more so football. Prominently featuring gambling games are blackjack, slot machines, poker, and table games like roulette.
Here are the details:
Online Slots: slot games come with a thrill – spinning the slot machine. These machines are accessible to every interested player, and they can claim an online casino bonus to minimize risks. Slots feature stunning graphics that excite most players.
Roulette: this is classic available both as a computer-generated version or as a live dealer game. It’s pretty simple to play, and anyone can quickly get started.
Blackjack: this is a fast-paced game played against the dealer, i.e., getting to 21 in a stack of cards. If you are a live casino fan, you can opt for the live blackjack version.
Poker: this is a social card game available on an Italian casino online. Besides joining other players, you can host an online poker night with your friends.
Jackpot slot: this is an online slot featuring a larger progressive jackpot prize than standard online slots. They have prize pools that grow with the number of games played until one person wins when it resets to a specific number.
Live Casino: Live casino games give you live-action with the dealer regales of the type of the game. Most live casino games are available 24/7 on the best casino sites in Italy.
Other popular games include Keno, Lottery, Bingo, Scratch Cards, which is almost the same situation as in Slovenian Casinos.
Claim Bonuses at Italian Online Casinos
No online casino operates without offering bonuses because bonuses attract and keep customers glued to online casino sites. Casino bonuses Italia betting sites offer are wide-ranging. A good bonus is a significant game-changer when it comes to selecting a casino site.
Standard casino bonuses include:
Also called sign-up bonuses and welcome bonuses are offered when you first create an account at an Italian casino site. This is not only part of the top online casinos Italy has, but almost all casinos offer these bonuses. It’s lucrative as the best casino sites Italy offer matches the bonus with your deposit, i.e., 100%.
No Deposit Bonuses
These categories of bonuses are a bit rare. A casino no deposit bonus Italy betting sites offer requires no deposit to be awarded. That means they don’t have any risk attached to them. However, they come with stringent rules – for instance, cashout limits alongside tougher wagering requirements. But always look for the best no deposit bonus casino Italy has before signing up.
Free Spins Bonuses
Free spins are typically free games, primarily specific groups of slot games, which are later converted into cash. If you win money from free spins, wager it just like other bonuses, but some exceptions may be attached.
Free spins can be offered as standalone or paired with Welcome Bonus cash offers. And they mostly come during key events.
Deposit bonuses are offered to players when they top up their account either for the first or subsequent times. Again, these bonuses come in percentages; of course, they vary with the Casino.
It’s worth noting that bonus types vary from one Italian Casino to another. Also, some bonuses are constantly offered while others are recurring promotions.
Italian Casino Efficient Payment Methods
Italian players have access to lots of payment methods. Keep in mind that financial technology is constantly evolving to make it easier to transfer money. The best casino sites Italy players can use offer a variety of payment options, and the best usually boils down to what is available in a particular region. Casinos in Italy are similar to online Casino Europe has, and both deal with leading payment providers:
Pros And Cons For Players In Italy
Being a player in Italy has many benefits: You get to enjoy free access to every casino in the world and some of the best games around. To be honest, we cannot find a “con” for Italian players: It is even easy to find Italian-speaking customer representatives, especially if you are using emails. So, here are the all “pros” of Italian players:
- You will find lots of local games. Italy is home to many casino game developers, including but not limited to, iSoftBet and Red Tiger Gaming. Almost all of the providers have an office in this industry. Moreover, there are lots of local providers: For example, Sisal is one of the biggest local operators in Italy and it also provides payment gateway services, in addition to developing slots Italy Capecod Gaming, on the other hand, develops games for many well-known studios and it is possible to find their collection at almost every online casino site. The Italian industry of gaming offers many options.
- There will be lots of mobile gambling options. There are lots of mobile casinos on Italian websites that offer the chance to play all kinds of games on all mobile operating systems. Italian people like to pay with mobile devices and since there are no problems in regards to legality, it is possible to find hundreds of real money casino apps. The internet speed is good too – this makes gambling on mobile devices an enjoyable experience. If you like mobile casino games, you will have plenty of options – especially if you pick one of our suggested websites.
- You won’t experience a problem with payments. The government is quite liberal when it comes to online gambling, so you can make a deposit and withdrawal with any method you like – there is no need to worry about the banks. As always, we recommend choosing e-wallet services for speed and security. But if you want real security and privacy, go with cryptocurrencies.
Advantages & Disadvantages for Italian Casino Players
- Dedicated online casino bonus for Italy.
- A lot of casino games witch you can enjoy.
- Casino fees are quite high.
FAQ About Italy Casino Websites
Always play at a safe online casino in Italy
Gambling is fun, but your safety should come first. You can do a lot to stay safe – for instance, checking that a gambling site has a reputable license and its games are genuinely random. Italy online casino licenses are normally displayed on the visible area of the website. Besides, avoid using open internet while transacting g as it might leave you susceptible to hackers.
Besides safety, ensure that you get the best games from the best developers. So check out those sites that offer famous slot machines alongside other famous games. Also, a deposit limit might be an inconvenience, so the better if you find 1 deposit casino. Otherwise, settle on the best payout casino.