Gambling takes an important place in the history of Italy: Even the word “casino” is of Italian origin. Back in the 17th century, there were small gambling clubs ın this country, open to members only. They were called “casinos”, which literally means “gambling house”. That’s not the only thing Italy presented to the word: Baccarat is invented in here during the 15th century.
Some historians think that even the bingo game is first played in Italy, during the same century. Simply put, we owe thanks to the players from Italy for presenting us the casinos and lots of card games. So, what is the status of online gambling in Italy nowadays? Is it legal? Does this country live up to its history when it comes to legalized gambling? We will answer all of these questions and more, and give you an updated best online casino Italy list in this article.
Best Online Casino Picks For Italian Players
The Gambling Laws In Italy: Is Gambling Legal?
Gambling was banned by the Italian government up until 2002. In 2003, the Italian Gambling Act allowed “physical” forms of gambling and made them legal. After the complaint made to the European Commission in 2006 by operators, Italy changed its laws and made online gambling legal too. In short, all forms of gambling are legal in this country for 13 years. To sum it up:
- Yes, playing in the online casino in Italy is legal,
- The legal online gambling age in Italy is 18.
- Online gambling law in Italy is the Gaming Act and the Financial Act.
The agency that issues licenses to brick-and-mortar casinos is called AAMS. Online casinos are licensed by another agency called ADM. Any company can issue for a license, as long as they are ready to pay the fee, which is around 300.000 EUR. Moreover, the operator is not forced to place its servers in Italy: As long as it gets a license, the servers of the casino can be anywhere in the world. In this regard, the gambling laws of Italy are quite liberal, just like in the case of countries of Online Casino Bulgaria and Estonia Online Casino .
However, despite being legal, there is a lack of licensed internet casinos in Italy. This is mostly due to heavy tax rates and lack of “opportunities”. ADM has a monopoly on licenses and every year, it determines a “quota” on new licenses. For example, in 2018, only 120 licenses were given and the general rule was “first come first served”. In other words, if you miss the application window and become the 121st operator, for example, you must wait until the next year. The other problem is that operators are asked to pay a flat 25% tax on their net revenues. These are not encouraging things and this is why there are only a couple of local operators in the country. If you want to get access to the best bonuses and latest games, you must prefer offshore casinos.
And this is easier than you think: The government does not censor offshore casino sites nor control their financial transactions. Without having to use a VPN, you can become a member of any casino site abroad and enjoy the games & bonus offers. So, the answer to is online casino legal in Italy question is yes, but the local operators are not that good and your best bet is still the offshore casinos, which we are listing below.
Here Is Our Best Online Casino Italy List, Updated For 2020
Our international online casino’s list below are Italy friendly: This means they will accept you as a member and offer all of their game collection and promotions without a restriction. But this is not the only reason why we selected them: In years, we have learned that the best online casinos worldwide are the ones that are safe, secure, fair, and fun. We are explaining all of these topics in detail below, but for now, let’s say that our top online casino Italy list consists of best websites for the Italian players to gamble. Most of our team are Italian too, so we know what to look for in Italy casino sites. Our top online casino Italy websites are licensed from reputable agencies (such as Malta Gambling Authority and United Kingdom Gambling Commission) and offer you the latest games of all well-known providers (such as Cryptologic, Netent, Igrosoft, BluePrint Gaming, and GameART). But more importantly, they offer the best Italy online casino bonus promotions. Pick the online casino Italy from the list and get ready for an exciting gambling adventure: You won’t regret this, we promise. And if you are wondering how we prepared our Italy friendly online casinos list, keep reading.
Onlince Casino Croatia
Taking a vacation in Croatia but still want to play at online Casinos? Go check out our article!Online Casino Croatia
Our Best Online Casinos from Italy List
How Do We Review Italy Online Casino Sites?
Selecting the best casino online in Italy is not an easy thing and requires years of experience to be correctly done. Our team has a combined experience of nearly half a century in the gambling industry, so we are up to the task. In order to be as transparent as possible, we are listing our criteria of picking the top online casino Italy sites below. You can use the same criteria too, but we recommend just sticking with our selection of casino Italy online websites – otherwise, you have to spend days and even weeks on casino sites just to “test” them. Well, we already did this test and presented the results above. But if you are curious, here is how we picked the best online casino Italy websites.
- Content and games for Italian players. By content, we mean providing services in the Italian language: Are you able to view the website in Italian? How about customer support, can you reach an agent that speaks the same language as you? These questions are important for us but we don’t stop there: We also make sure that you can play games in your own language, such as casino Italy online roulette and casino Italy online poker. Imagine yourself playing a casino Italy roulette online game against a real dealer who also speaks Italian: Feels good, right?
- Claimable bonus offers for Italy. Some casinos and providers limit their bonus offers for specific countries (such as Canada) but this is not the case for Italy. At the moment, none of the casino online Italy websites we list limit their services: You are free to play any game and benefit from any bonus. Play real money slots online without any restriction and leave the evaluation of bonus offers to us: We ensure that they are fair and advantageous.
- Italy cybersecurity standards. The cybersecurity standards in Italy is set both by the government and semi-official agencies such as ICT and CLUSIT. These practices protect the payment security and privacy of all Italian players. Therefore, in addition to global standards, we make sure that every Italy casino review we make complies with these applications too. You are safe and secure in our recommended online casino Italy sites.
- Mobile gambling options for Italian players. We believe that mobile casinos are an important part of the gambling industry nowadays, so we review Italy online casinos according to their mobile services too. In other words, we check whether they provide ios casinos and Android casinos too or not. In order for a casino to enter our “best of” lists, it should provide at least a flawlessly working mobile website.
- Italy specific payment options. Italian players use credit cards, wire transfers and e-wallet services such as PayPal and AstroPay But they also use payment methods specific to Italy, such as NeoSurf, MyBank, Mobiamo, and MINT. We believe that deposit and withdrawals should be as easy as possible, so we check whether the casinos support these specific options or not.
Pros And Cons For Players In Italy
Being a player in Italy has many benefits: You get to enjoy free access to every casino in the world and some of the best games around. To be honest, we cannot find a “con” for Italian players: It is even easy to find Italian speaking customer representatives, especially if you are using emails. So, here are the all “pros” of Italian players:
- You will find lots of local games. Italy is home to many casino game developers, including but not limited to, iSoftBet and Red Tiger Gaming. Almost all of the providers have an office in this industry. Moreover, there are lots of local providers: For example, Sisal is one of the biggest local operators in Italy and it also provides payment gateway services, in addition to developing slots Italy Capecod Gaming, on the other hand, develops games for many well-known studios and it is possible to find their collection at almost every online casino site. The Italian industry of gaming offers many options.
- There will be lots of mobile gambling options. There are lots of mobile casinos on Italy websites that offer the chance to play all kind of games on all mobile operating systems. Italian people like to pay with mobile devices and since there are no problems in regards to legality, it is possible to find hundreds of real money casino apps. The internet speed is good too – this makes gambling on mobile devices an enjoyable experience. If you like mobile casino games, you will have plenty of options – especially if you pick one of our suggested websites.
- You won’t experience a problem with payments. The government is quite liberal when it comes to online gambling, so you can make a deposit and withdrawal with any method you like – there is no need to worry about the banks. As always, we recommend choosing e-wallet services for speed and security. But if you want real security and privacy, go with cryptocurrencies.
Advantages & Disadvantages for Italian Casino Players
- Dedicated online casino bonus for Italy
- A lot of casino games witch you can enjoy
- Casino fees are quite high
FAQ About Italy Casino Websites
Thousands Of Casino Italy Online Games Are Waiting For You
Pick any casino we mentioned in this article and start playing right now: You do not need to waste hours on the internet trying to find the best Italy online casinos. We already picked them for you and made sure that you will be getting the best bonus offers. Claim your bonus, create your starting capital, pick a game, and may the Lady of Luck be with you: See you at the tables!