We all know the blackjack meaning: It means having 21 points in total and winning the game. So, if someone asks you “whats a blackjack”, you can simply say him that: This term does not refer to a specific hand.
It just means having 21 points and the winning hand. But, what happens if you don’t have 21 points? You know how CSGO blackjack works: Sometimes the dealer has the better hand. You still have an option for this possibility: Blackjack surrender.
This betting option can save your bankroll and give you another chance at the next game. In this article, we will talk about when to surrender in blackjack, why you should surrender, and what happens when you surrender.
This is not a beginner’s guide on how to play blackjack or when to hit or stand but we will talk about the basics too, to explain the topic better. In this way, you will better learn how to make money playing blackjack.
Our top recommended casino picks to play Blackjack:
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- Day 1: 100% up to €/$1000 deposit bonus and 15 free spins in Fruit party.
- Day 2: 15 free spins in Joker Bombs.
- Day 3: 20 free spins in Rise Of Olympus
- Day 4: 25 free spins in Reactoonz
- Day 5: 25 free spins in Book Of Dead
- Wagering requirements: 35x
- Minimum deposit: €20
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
The Basics: What Is Surrender In Blackjack?
We answered “what is blackjack” question above. In order to explain what is surrender in blackjack, we must talk about how do you play blackjack and blackjack dealer rules. Here is what happens when you start a game:
- The dealer gives you two cards.
- The dealer takes two cards for himself and opens one. You can see which card it is.
In other words, you can see one of the dealer’s cards before making a decision. You can also shape your betting decision accordingly. For example, if the dealer has an Ace and your hand is not so good, the dealer is more likely to win the game. So what can you do in this situation? If you forfeit playing that hand, you will lose your bet. Is there an alternative?
Well, yes, there is an alternative. It is called “blackjack surrender”. When you pick this option, you will forfeit the game but get half of your initial wager back. In other words, you will lose, but you will get a 50% refund on your bet. You could also try playing multihand blackjack.
Now, there are two important things you need to know about surrender blackjack:
- This option is not available in all blackjack variants. Only some games have it such as craps. For this reason, your chances of using it in a blackjack tournament strategy are low – most of the time, casino sites will pick blackjack games without this option. (You can check if this option is offered by checking the paytable of games.)
- In general, the black jack surrender option decreases the house edge by up to 0.09%. This is good: You can win more in the long run.
Best Casinos To Use The Blackjack Surrender Move
After you learn what is surrender in blackjack, you will need an online casino to use this move. But you cannot pick a random casino site: In order to get the best gaming experience, you must play at the best casinos with the best blackjack bonuses.
Moreover, you should be able to play lots of blackjack variants (such as Canadian blackjack), even offline blackjack. In short, you need an online casino that offers everything related to this game. Well, we picked those casinos for you: Below, you can see our recommendations to play online blackjack.
Early And Late Surrender Blackjack: What’s The Difference?
According to blackjack surrender rules, there are two types of surrender: early and late. The difference is determined by whether the dealer checked his face-down card. If you use the Surrender option before the dealer checks his card, this is called early surrender. This is a rare occurrence – most casinos do not offer the early surrender option. Late surrender blackjack, on the other hand, means the surrender is made after the dealer checks his own card. This is more common. It may not sound like there is a great difference, but the blackjack strategy you use differs. There are also additional blackjack surrender rules no matter what kind of surrender is in effect. These are:
- The dealer still stands on soft 17 (*).
- You must surrender before using other betting options (hit, stand, double down in blackjack, etc.). If you picked a betting option, you cannot change your mind and switch to surrender.
- Payouts are still the same. Surrender is just an additional betting option; it does not affect other rules or the gameplay.
(*) What does soft mean in blackjack? It means the dealer has an Ace. Hands that contain an Ace (any Ace) are called “soft”. Otherwise, they are “hard” hands.
When To Surrender In Blackjack: Basic Strategies
Alright, now we can start talking about when you should surrender in blackjack. As mentioned above, blackjack when to surrender is a decision that should be made whether you are playing by the early or late surrender rules. We are listing both surrender games below, so you can understand when to surrender in blackjack better.
Early Surrender Blackjack
When to use surrender in blackjack if “early” rules are used? Check the strategy table below:
These blackjack when to surrender tables shows all the options when you should use surrender. In all other scenarios (and card sets) you should decide according to classic rules and probabilities.
Check The Blackjack Surrender Rules Of The Casino First
Is Blackjack Surrender Worth It?
- Decreases the house edge of casino
- Increases the RTP of player
- Gives you the option to save half of your initial deposit
- Can be a complex strategy based on its type (early or late)
- It will decrease the RTP if not used right
FAQ about surrender in blackjack
Learn When To Use Surrender In Blackjack, Get Half Of Your Bet Back!
Well, you have learned what is surrender in blackjack. More importantly, you know when to surrender in blackjack – this knowledge will let you save a big part of your bankroll. Now, it is time to find an online casino to start using this new blackjack strategy. Pick one of our recommended casino sites, grab your bonus, and start playing blackjack, live or offline! And if the cards do not seem to be in your favor, don’t hesitate to use surrender blackjack. We update our content regularly so check back often to see new online casinos & more blackjack tactics. Good luck at the tables!