Say hello to Germany, where brick-and-mortar German casinos are legal since the 18th century but online casino Germany sites are not.
If you are a gambler who lives in Germany, you won’t be finding any local online casino German sites – the government declared German online casinos illegal and they seem to be pretty serious about this decision.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t gamble online while in Germany. International gambling sites operate in Germany without any problems.
Therefore, you can still play at some of the best casinos in the world. This article will tell you how to do this and give an updated 2023 list of the best online casinos in Germany.
- 1German Online Casinos – The “Must” List Of Top German Casinos
- 22023 Top Online Casino Germany List
- 3A Brief History of German Gambling
- 4Online gambling
- 5Gambling Laws In Germany
- 6Important Notes to Germany Players
- 7Exciting Casino Games German Online Gambling Fans Can Play
- 8Live Casinos in Germany
- 9Available Bonuses on Germany gambling sites for German Players
- 10Secure and Convenient Payment Methods
- 11The Near and Far Future Of German Industry
- 12Pros and Cons Of Casino Germany Online
- 13Frequently Asked Questions
Our Best Germany Online Casino Pick: Best Casino In Germany
As promised, we will share a long list of the best online casinos Germany in this article. However, as it is usual with these lists, only one online casino German is at the top: This is literally the best online casino Germany site. You can see our pick for the best casino in Germany below. To see more best German online casino sites, keep reading.
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €500;
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €300;
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200;
- Wagering requirements: 35x
- Minimum deposit: €20
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
2023 Top Online Casino Germany List
We created the best online casino Germany list below according to the criteria listed above. However, you should know that none of these websites are actually online casinos in Germany. In other words, our top online casino Germany list does not contain local businesses. There is a simple reason for this: Best German online casinos are banned in Germany and there is no operator in the country. If you want to gamble online, you are forced to pick an offshore gambling site. In other words, there is no best online casino in Germany, but the internet is filled with best online casinos Germany. Don’t worry though: We handpicked the casinos in this list and make sure all of them offer a safe, secure, and fair gaming environment. In a way, this is the best online casino worldwide list: All of the brands here are suitable for German citizens and we are sure you will enjoy playing at each and every one of them. You don’t need to search for the best online casino in Germany: Such a thing does not exist and ay of our recommended websites will be more than enough. Go ahead and try them all, and don’t forget to pick some bonuses. We also encourage you to keep reading: We have some specific tips for German players who want to gamble online.
German Online Casino List 
A Brief History of German Gambling
Like other countries, online gambling was widespread in Germany. Online casinos offered all possible gambling options, including betting, which led to a surge in gamblers and gambling addicts.
In response, an Interstate Gambling Treaty came into force in 2008 – it forbade all types of gambling. All states agreed, except Schleswig Holsteinissued its gambling licenses. Later, the state joined the treaty, and online gambling was illegal in the entire country.
But the situation is relatively unclear. The government approves some online casinos to operate and doesn’t allow foreign casinos. So hosting an online casino website is illegal. However, German gamblers can register an account on an online casino and play.
But there is a new Interstate Treaty effective July 1, 2021 – it allows both foreign and domestic operators to offer gambling services to the German gambling market. But there is regulation. For instance, public games of chance – plus those on the Internet, may be brokered or organized with permission. This means that online gambling is prohibited unless a state permits it.
Gambling Laws In Germany
Important Notes to Germany Players
Online casinos may be illegal in Germany but you can still enjoy gambling if you take notice of the following issues:
- Slots Germany will be limited, other games won’t. As mentioned above, you may not have access to the slot games of specific providers, mainly Netent and NYX Gaming. However, there will be still dozens of high-quality providers who are ready to offer their entire slot collection to you: Microgaming, iSoftBet, Playtech, IGT, Scientific Games, EvoPlay, 1×2 Gaming, 888 Games… The list is quite long, but we strongly recommend Best Isoftbet Online Casino Sites for one of the best experiences. Moreover, this restriction does not apply to table and card games (such as blackjack and poker) so you will have full access to these types of games. Read our Online Casino Games Guide article and find out more about what restrictions apply to you
- Pick licensed casinos, even if they are not licensed in Germany. Always play at online casinos that are licensed from reputable agencies, such as Malta Gaming Authority and United Kingdom Gambling Commission. It is impossible for an online casino to get a license in Germany (because they are illegal) but this does not mean that you should go ahead and play at random websites. You should always prefer licensed casinos for safety and security.
- Try not to use the German banking system. It is possible that your financial transactions to and from offshore online casinos to be put on “hold” if you use classic payment methods that involve the German banking system. Sometimes the government forces the banks to block offshore transfers for “security” reasons. You may have this problem too, especially if you are transferring big amounts. Instead, use e-wallets and prepaid cards. In fact, prefer blockchain payments to be on the safe side if you are able to use this technology.
- Don’t forget German telephone support will be limited. Operators cannot offer local telephone support in Germany, due to laws. The telephone support will be available on a foreign number, which means you will be paying international rates. In addition, finding an agent that speaks German will be hard – not impossible, but still hard. Prefer live chat instead of telephone support, German-speaking agents are more common in that method
Exciting Casino Games German Online Gambling Fans Can Play
Live Casinos in Germany
Talking about online casino Deutschland offers without mentioning live dealer games won’t complete the picture. It’s true; RNG games are good, and they get better by day. But nothing beats the immersive nature of live dealer games. With live dealer games, you’ll receive the dealer’s companionship. Casino software providers are aware of the increasing demands for live casino games. Experienced German gamblers prefer real croupier experience; thus, it is vital to offer high-quality real-time gaming technologies.
All top online casinos Germany punters can access offer live dealer games such as live dealer blackjack. However, choose carefully at what casino you should play. Beyond safety, certification, and licensing, check the range of live casino games, their reputation, and the popularity of software developers. Well-known game software providers include Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, and Playtech. Each player has unique demands about table preference and game type. For instance, players can register on high roller casinos, accepting punters betting large sums or low stake casinos. For this reason, different casinos in Germany have varying conditions and live games.
- Live Roulette
- Live Blackjack
- Live Baccarat
- Live Poker
- Live Sic Bo
- Live Football
- Dream Catcher
Available Bonuses on Germany gambling sites for German Players
Also, deposit bonuses are typical. Again, they are offered at different percentages. Ideally, for any deposit you make, you’ll receive a bonus. So, it can be a first deposit bonus or a reload bonus. The best German online casino will offer free spins as a stand-alone bonus or alongside other bonuses. German players can take advantage of these bonuses to win the money.
Casino Bonus Type
Secure and Convenient Payment Methods
The Near and Far Future Of German Industry
Unfortunately, the news is not that good. Online and mobile casinos (such as android casinos and iOS casinos) will be considered illegal in Germany for a long time –all things point to that. The state of Schleswig-Holstein, which we mentioned above, already gave 50 sports betting licenses to applicants. However, the federal government tries to block this move: In fact, they even changed the federal law to state that all Schleswig-Holstein licenses will be effective for 6 years only. And they are further trying to block all other new licenses – the government of Germany seems to be at war with online gambling, for some unknown reason.
We do not know the reasons behind this decision but we can say that unlicensed gambling causes Germany to lose a lot of tax income. The tax revenue from land-based casinos is nearly 30 billion Euros: Imagine how much this number will increase if online casinos were also legal. We do not expect to see this situation change in the near future but as we keep mentioning, you don’t need to wait: Pick one of our recommended casino sites that accept members from Germany and start playing right now. We live in a digital world that has no borders, so you don’t need to wait.
Pros and Cons Of Casino Germany Online
- Dedicated casino bonuses for German players
- There are a lot of online casinos which accept players from Germany
- No local operators
Frequently Asked Questions
Find The Best Online Casino Germany Today
Well, now you know how to play at online casino sites, even from Germany! Speaking of playing, don’t forget to take a look at our game guides (especially to online slots guide and baccarat strategy guide) to increase your chances of winning. Remember that gambling can be a fun and profitable hobby, as long as you know your limits and know how to pick the best casinos. We will continue to review more German online casinos for you, so visit us often. But wait, this is not all, on our site you can find other similar guides, like Online Casinos Slovenia. Good luck at the tables!