Norway is truly a beautiful country, there is no doubt about that. Unfortunately, the Norway industry of gambling is severely limited and the government is quite “conservative” when it comes to gambling. As of 2019, gambling is mostly considered illegal in the country and there are no local casino online Norway websites. However, access to foreign casino sites is not restricted, and you can play in them without a problem – more info about this below. So, the answer to “is online casino legal in Norway” question may be “no”, but there are still ways to play casino games. In fact, there are lots of ways to play at legit, secure, and safe casino sites; and we will tell you how to do this in this guide. But first, let’s start with explaining how we find the best online casino Norway websites.
Best Norway Casino Picks
Here Are Our Criteria To Find The Best Online Casino Norway Websites
We have decades of experience when it comes to finding the best online casino worldwide, and we use lots of criteria to evaluate them. Even the best casino in the world cannot enter our top lists if it fails to meet these standards. And we tailor these criteria according to countries: We do not have a single and general list, we have special criteria for every country. In this respect, here are the things you need to know before selecting the top online casino in Norway:
- Games that cater to Norwegian players. At the moment, no provider restricts its game collection for Norway. This means you will be free to play any game you want, and there will be lots of localized options, such as casino Norway roulette online and casino Norway online poker games. For this reason, we are focusing on the casinos that offer the best and high-quality content that caters to Norwegian players. Sites that offer the games of reputable providers (such as NYX Interactive, EGT, Yggdrasil Gaming, IGT) are the ones we recommend.
- Norway approved security and privacy. The internet security and privacy standards in Norway are set by NorSIS, and any website must meet these standards in order to protect the cybersecurity of their members. We check whether the sites in our online casino Norway lists meet these standards or not.
- Advantageous bonus offers to Norwegian players. At the moment, none of the casinos in our best online casino Norway lists restrict their bonus offers for Norwegian players. We check whether the bonuses are really fair or not, and only list sites that contain truly advantageous offers for Norwegian players. You can take advantage of all the no deposit, welcome, cashback, and other bonus types we listed.
- Localized support and payment options for Norway. We prioritize casino sites that offer Norwegian language and currency (NOK) support. Sites that you can find in this guide accept NOK natively, so you won’t be dealing with currency exchange rates. Moreover, casinos that support Norway specific payment methods (such as Klarna, AMEX, Diners Club, Trustly) are the ones we love the most. You won’t be having any problems if you play at one of our recommended casino Norway online
Here Is The Top Online Casino Norway List: Pick One And Start Playing
Well, online gambling may be a little problematic in Norway, but this does not mean that you are out of options. As will be explained in detail below, it is still possible to gamble at offshore gambling sites. However, it is not easy to find a respected and legit online casino but AnalyzeCasino team is here for helping you with objective reviews for a lot of casino sites. To save you the trouble, we have found them all: Below, you can see a list of online casino websites that offer the best bonuses in Norway. Pick the online casino Norway from the list and start playing: That’s all. Note that some of our suggested sites are considered as one of the best online casinos in the world, so you can be sure that this will be a pleasant experience. However, we highly recommend keep reading this guide in order to get a truly seamless gambling experience: We have some specific tips for Norwegian players and they are important in order to play without a problem.
Dedicated Online Casino Bonuses for Norway
Mobile Casino Norway: Gambling Through Casino Apps
The top online casino Norway sites we recommend offer mobile versions of their websites and even applications. So you can gamble from your mobile device but this will be problematic for ios casinos. It is impossible to install external apps to iOS devices, and the official App Store does not offer any real money gambling apps for Norway, due to them being illegal. But you can install external APK files to Android devices, so you can enjoy Android casinos by choosing a site from our best online casino Norway list. In short, if you are using an Android device, you can play at mobile casino Norway sites, but this won’t be possible for iOS devices.
Does Norway Government Allow Online Gambling?
Unfortunately, no – Norway is not one of the countries that allow online gambling. Slots Norway was legal for a long time in the country. In fact, it was possible to find slot machines even at gas stations. But the government banned them in 2007. At the moment, there are no licensed internet casinos in Norway. Moreover, the government banned local banks from accepting payments from offshore gambling sites. So the players from Norway can play at any casino site in the world (the government does not censor them) but they will have lots of problems when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money. Note that the fact that online gambling in Norway being illegal is effective only at country borders: You can still choose to play at foreign sites and this is perfectly legal. The illegal part is “opening” an online casino in Norway.
Online gambling laws in Norway are the Gaming Scheme Act and the Lottery Act. According to them, these are the legal forms of gambling in the country:
- Horse betting
- Sports betting
- Bingo (the main prize cannot exceed 700.000 NOK)
- Poker (grand prize cannot exceed 2.000.000 NOK)
According to Norway Gambling Act, the legal online gambling age Norway is 18. Norsk Tipping and Norsk Rikstoto are the only two companies that are licensed to offer the services above, according to regulations of Norway.
However, as mentioned above, it is still possible to play at Norway friendly online casinos. Casinos abroad are not restricted at all – financial transfers may be a problem but other than that, nobody censors the sites themselves. Moreover, we will give some tips and tricks to avoid financial problems below.
Our Suggestions To Players In Norway
In order to get a problem-free gambling experience, we highly recommend doing the following:
- Do not use the Norway banking system. As explained above, Norway banks cannot accept financial transfers from casino sites abroad. This means you should not use bank transfers and credit cards for deposit and withdrawals, they will be blocked. Instead, use e-wallet services (such as ECO Payz, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe Card) or blockchain payments (such as Bitcoin and Ethereum). However, do not use PayPal – it also blocks casino payments in Norway.
- Use a VPN service if needed. If a particular casino does not accept you as a member, you can always use a VPN service to change your location virtually.
- Play only at top online casino Norway websites. Play only at licensed and legit offshore casino sites. We only list the most reputable casinos that are licensed from prestigious agencies (such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gambling Authority). Picking unlicensed casinos will only bring frustration and lots of legal problems. All of the casinos in this guide are licensed and legal.
- Pick any game you like, but only the fair ones. You can play all games without a restriction, so focus on how fair and good they are. For example, the RTP rate of a casino Norway online roulette game must be over 97%: Only then, you can make a profit in the long run. Don’t forget that we only pick fair casinos that work with independent testing agencies such as eCOGRA, so fairness won’t be a problem with them.
Will Gambling Laws In Norway Change In The Future?
Nobody knows for sure. Until they are banned, the government were gaining 26.000.000.000 NOK tax income from slot machines, and this is quite a big amount. However, they still chose to prohibit them. The government seems pretty strict in this regard and it seems they have no intention to uplift the ban in the near future. There is nothing to worry about though: You can still gamble at our suggested casinos and take advantage of the various bonuses.
Pros and Cons Of Norway Casino Sites
- Sports betting is legal
- Only winnings higher than 10.000 NOK are taxable
- Reputable online casinos accept Norwegians as members
- It is possible to use all of the casino bonuses
- There are no local online casinos
FAQ About Norway Online Casinos
Start Playing Casino Norway Online Games Right Now!
You can start playing at online casinos right now – pick one of our suggested sites and start rolling the dice. We guarantee that this will be a pleasant experience as long as you follow our guidelines. You can still gamble in Norway; you just need to know what to do. And in this guide, we showed you the best ways to do this! Remember to visit us often as we regularly update our content. See you at the tables!