Norway is truly a beautiful country, there is no doubt about that. Unfortunately, the Norwegian gambling industry is severely limited and the government is quite “conservative” when it comes to gambling. As of 2021, gambling is mostly considered illegal in the country and there are no local online casino Norway websites. However, access to foreign casino sites is not restricted, and you can play in them without a problem – more info about this below.
So, the answer to “is online gambling legal in Norway” question may be “no”, but there are still ways to play casino games. In fact, there are lots of ways to play at legit, secure, and safe casino sites; and we will tell you how to do this in this guide. But first, let’s start with explaining how we find the best online casino Norway websites.
- 1Is online gambling legal in Norway?
- 2Our criteria to find the best Norwegian online casinos
- 3Here are the most reputable Norwegian online casinos: Pick one and start playing
- 4Popular casino games among Norwegian gamblers
- 5Bonuses at Norwegian online casinos
- 6Mobile casino Norway: Gambling through casino apps
- 7Best payment method for online gambling in Norway
- 8Our suggestions to casino players in Norway
- 9Will gambling laws in Norway change in the future?
- 10Pros and cons Of Norway casino sites
- 11FAQ about Norway online casinos
Our best online casino Norway Picks
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €500;
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €300;
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200;
- Wagering requirements: 35x
- Minimum deposit: €20
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
Is online gambling legal in Norway?
Unfortunately, no – Norway is not one of the countries that allow online gambling. Slots Norway was legal for a long time in the country. In fact, it was possible to find slot machines even at gas stations. But the government banned them in 2007. At the moment, there are no licensed internet casinos in Norway. Moreover, the government banned local banks from accepting payments from offshore gambling sites.
So the players from Norway can play at any casino site in the world (the government does not censor them) but they will have lots of problems when it comes to depositing and withdrawing money. Note that the fact that online gambling in Norway being illegal is effective only at country borders: You can still choose to play at foreign sites and this is perfectly legal. The illegal part is “opening” an online casino in Norway.
However, as mentioned above, it is still possible to play at Norway friendly online casinos. Casinos abroad are not restricted at all – financial transfers may be a problem but other than that, nobody censors the sites themselves. Moreover, we will give some tips and tricks to avoid financial problems below.
Our criteria to find the best Norwegian online casinos
Here are the most reputable Norwegian online casinos: Pick one and start playing
Well, online gambling may be a little problematic in Norway, but this does not mean that you are out of options. As will be explained in detail below, it is still possible to gamble at offshore gambling sites. However, it is not easy to find a respected and legit online casino but AnalyzeCasino team is here for helping you with objective reviews for a lot of casino sites.
To save you the trouble, we have found them all: Below, you can see a list of online casino websites that offer the best bonuses in Norway. Pick the online casino Norway from the list and start playing: That’s all. Note that some of our suggested sites are considered as one of the best online casinos in the world, so you can be sure that this will be a pleasant experience.
However, we highly recommend keep reading this guide in order to get a truly seamless gambling experience: We have some specific tips for Norwegian players and they are important in order to play without a problem.
List of Online Casino Bonuses for Norway
Popular casino games among Norwegian gamblers
When it comes to game selection, Norwegian players are like the rest of the world: They like online slots the most. This is also the most popular option at mobile casino Norway sites. Table games like roulette and blackjack are also quite common.
Online casino Norwegian video poker games are played by lots of people and live casino games are liked by almost everyone. In short, Norwegian players like the same casino games as the rest of the world, and the overall selections do not differ.
Bonuses at Norwegian online casinos
The usual bonus offers can be seen at Norwegian online casino sites too. You are entitled to several promotions when you become a member and afterward, so there will be lots of opportunities you can use.
For example, you can at least double your first deposit with welcome bonuses and grab a couple of free spins too. You can also claim a bonus and/or free spins every time you make a deposit. Thanks to cashback bonuses, you can even recover some of your losses. No matter which one you pick, make sure to use low wagering casino bonus offers.
Mobile casino Norway: Gambling through casino apps
Best payment method for online gambling in Norway
Payments at online casinos in Europe are usually not a problem but Norway is the exception: All gambling related transfers are monitored and blocked if there is a “suspicion”. For this reason, you should use specific payment methods to handle deposits and withdrawals.
Our suggestions to casino players in Norway
👉 Do not use the Norway banking system. As explained above, Norway banks cannot accept financial transfers from casino sites abroad. This means you should not use bank transfers and credit cards for deposit and withdrawals, they will be blocked. Instead, use e-wallet services (such as ECO Payz, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe Card) or blockchain payments (such as Bitcoin and Ethereum). However, do not use PayPal – it also blocks casino payments in Norway.
👉 Use a VPN service if needed. If a particular casino does not accept you as a member, you can always use a VPN service to change your location virtually.
👉 Play only at top online casino Norway websites. Play only at licensed and legit offshore casino sites. We only list the most reputable casinos that are licensed from prestigious agencies (such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gambling Authority). Picking unlicensed casinos will only bring frustration and lots of legal problems. All of the casinos in this guide are licensed and legal.
👉 Pick any game you like, but only the fair ones. You can play all games without a restriction, so focus on how fair and good they are. For example, the RTP rate of a casino Norway online roulette game must be over 97%: Only then, you can make a profit in the long run. Don’t forget that we only pick fair casinos that work with independent testing agencies such as eCOGRA, so fairness won’t be a problem with them.
Will gambling laws in Norway change in the future?
Nobody knows for sure. Until they are banned, the government were gaining 26.000.000.000 NOK tax income from slot machines, and this is quite a big amount. However, they still chose to prohibit them.
The government seems pretty strict in this regard and it seems they have no intention to uplift the ban in the near future. There is nothing to worry about though: You can still gamble at our suggested casinos and take advantage of the various bonuses.
Pros and cons Of Norway casino sites
- Sports betting is legal
- Only winnings higher than 10.000 NOK are taxable
- Reputable online casinos accept Norwegians as members
- It is possible to use all of the casino bonuses
- There are no local online casinos
FAQ about Norway online casinos
Start playing at the best online casino Norway sites right now!
We are listing the best online casinos in the world on our website, and we can pick the most suitable options for every country out there, including the best online casino Norway sites. We recommended several online casinos in this article, and they are the best online gambling sites for Norwegian players. Without wasting any more time, choose one and register today: Start playing at top online casinos for Norway!