Canada is truly a beautiful country, there is no doubt about that. For starters, it is the world’s second-largest country and has the tenth-largest economy in the world. And it offers a quite high quality of life to its residents: Canadians get free education, free health care, and a truly transparent government. And we have good news about internet casinos in Canada too: Yes, playing in the online casino in Canada is legal. In fact, there are a lot of online casino Canada sites to pick from, as well as mobile casino Canada sites.
The government of this country is quite liberal when it comes to gambling, so you will have a lot of options. However, as always, picking the best online casino Canada sites will be challenging: Yes, the players from Canada have lots of options, but which ones are truly the best? In this article, we will answer that question and show you the top online casinos in Canada. Moreover, we will explain how did we pick them. Let’s start: Hundreds of casino Canada online games are waiting for us!
Mobile Casino Canada Best Picks
What Is The History Of Canada Casino Gambling?
All forms of “physical” gambling and online gambling in Canada is legal, since 1985. Before that, casinos in this country were in kind of a “grey” area in regards to legality, there was simply no legislation about them. In 1985, Canada has updated its Criminal Code and simply stated that all states are free to legalize gambling or not. So, unlike casinos such as Online Casino USA or Online Casino Germany, there is no law about gambling on a federal level: Every state is free to legalize casino online Canada sites or not. And as of 2021, online gambling in Canada is considered legal in everywhere.
This is a country that foresees the future because even in 1985, online gambling is mentioned in the Criminal Code. Note that the first online casino in the world was launched in the 90s, but 5 years before that, Canada stated that “gambling games that are played through a computer interface are legal too”. So, yes, they even made online casino games Canada legal too, way before we started to play at online casinos.
The Status Of Online Gambling Industry In Canada
As mentioned above, online gambling is legal in Canada for those aged 18 and older, and any company can launch a casino site in Canada without having the brick-and-mortar representations. However, the actual terms and conditions of this will be different in every state. The only federal online gambling law in Canada is the Criminal Code, which states that the legal online gambling age in Canada is 18. However, it does only that and leaves the rest to states.
In terms of industry strength, there are more than 100 land-based casinos in this country, and most of them are located in Alberta and British Columbia. However, even small states such as Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and New Brunswick have casinos too. In regards to casino online in Canada, there is a couple of state-run online casino Canada sites, but the industry is mostly focused on land-based gambling. To tell the truth, not many global operators has a base in this country, due to complex licensing terms and high tax rates, so casino online Canada sites belong to the states themselves. In other words, yes, there are licensed internet casinos in Canada, but they are pretty limited in regards to service types and variation.
Our Number 1 Online Casino Canada Pick
Important Tips For Canadian Players
What Is The Gambling Authority In Canada?
This is the part where it gets a little complex. As mentioned above, there is no single authority for online casino Canada and mobile casino Canada sites. In the United Kingdom, for example, the Gambling Commission is the only agency that is authorized to issue gambling licenses: Once you acquire it, you can offer your services to the entire country. In Canada, however, every state has a different gambling authority, and if you acquire one, you can offer your services only to the residents of that state. And this is why most of the gambling operators stay away from the country: You need to acquire 13 different licenses if you want to serve the entire country. We don’t see many Canada casino sites for this reason, acquiring all those licenses are pretty pricey.
In this regard, here is the full list of gambling authorities in Canada, state by state:
- Alberta – Gaming And Liquor Commission
- British Columbia – Ministry Of Finance
- Manitoba – Liquor and Gaming Authority
- New Brunswick – Department of Public Safety
- Newfoundland – Consumer Affairs Division
- Northwest Territories – Department Of Community Affairs
- Nova Scotia – Service Nova Scotia
- Nunavut – Department Of Community
- Ontario – Alcohol and Gaming Commission
- Prince Edward Island – Lotteries Commission
- Quebec – Regie de Alcools
- Saskatchewan – Liquor and Gaming Authority
- Yukon Territory – Professional Licensing Affairs
Well, you can understand why most of the online casino, mobile casino and live casino online operators stay away from this country: The licensing is a mess. And that’s why it is quite hard to find the best online casino in Canada: Depending on your state of residence, the answer will be very different and most of the time, offshore casino sites will be your only option. Don’t worry though: You will be able to claim the best Canada online casino bonus offers in no time, as long as you follow our recommendations.
The Future Of Online Casinos In Canada
To be honest, we don’t expect the current status to be changed in the near future. Canada already legalized gambling so there are no problems in this regard. And like a true free country, the Federal government stated that each state is free to create its own licensing agency. This sounds good on paper but in practice, it makes quite a mess – as explained above, there are too many licenses available. In order to become profitable, international online casinos must be able to service the whole country, but this is near impossible to do in Canada, due to the number of licenses needed. A global operator must acquire 13 different licenses just to be able to offer online casino roulette Canada and casino Canada online poker games to the entire country, which makes no sense. So, we won’t be seeing global operators in Canada but this is actually not a bad situation: As we mentioned above, Canadians are free to join best international online casino – the government is quite liberal in that regard too. No ISP will restrict your access to global casino sites, no bank will prohibit your transfers, you are really free to play Canadian roulette casino game online at anywhere you want.
Play At The Best Online Casino Canada (And Mobile Casino Canada) Sites Right Now
Playing at the best online casino Canada sites is easy: Just take a look at the list below. At Analyze Casino, we are able to offer you localized suggestions based on where you live in the world. No matter where you live in, we have an online casino and the best bonuses to recommend – our website will automatically list the online and mobile casino Canada sites that will accept you as members. And these are not ordinary sites: We checked each of them for legality, fairness, and security. In short, the casino sites you will see below are really the best ones for Canadian citizens and you can join any of them right now. Pick the online casino Canada from the list, claim your bonus, and start playing: It is really that easy!
Top 20 Online Casino Canada List 2021
How Did We Pick Top Online Casino Canada Sites For You?
We have a long list of criteria to pick the best casinos for any country, which is the result of our more than a decade long experience in the iGaming industry. And we know that different countries have different needs, due to traditions and local laws, so we are able to adapt our criteria to these variations too. In short, we check for the following while preparing our casino reviews and selecting the best casino sites:
- High-quality games for Canadian players, from top-tier providers. There are already a couple of local game development studios in Canada, which we will mention below. In addition to them, we check each online casino Canada site to see what kind of games they offer. We know which ones are the top-tier providers in this industry, so we make sure that you will be playing high-quality games from NextGenGaming, Microgaming, Red Tiger Gaming Casinos, iSoftBet, Wazdan, Playtech and such. In short, you will have access to the latest and most popular casino games on the internet. This month we recommend checking out the Best Isoftbet Online Casino Sites.
- Bonus offers that work in Canada. We check for two things when it comes to bonuses: First, we look for whether it is fair or not. High wagering rates and strict account restrictions until the wagering is complete are a big no-no for us. Second, we check for whether that bonus offer can be claimed in Canada or not. The bonus offers of our casino sites will work for you and they will be the most advantageous ones you can find.
- Unmatched security, in compliance with Canadian standards. CSE (Communications Security Establishment) sets the standards for cybersecurity in Canada, so we make sure that our casino sites comply with these practices too, in addition to other industry standards.
- Multi-platform support for Canadian players. Mobile gambling is a “must” nowadays and every online casino site must offer various options for mobile players. If you want to play at iOS casinos in Canada, for example, you should be able to do so. Well, we make sure that you can: All of our selected casino sites support mobile gambling via special websites or native apps.
- Support for payment options in Canada. Canadians prefer to use credit cards for online payments, but there are also lots of local options such as Interac Online, Openbucks, Neosurf, and MINT. Well, you can use these methods at our recommended online casino Canada sites too: We specifically check for that.
What You Should Know About Online Casino Canada Legal Gambling: The Pros And Cons
So, what you should know about before trying your chances in casino online Canada sites? Like all countries, there are a couple of pros and cons of online gambling in this country too. Below, you can see a list of them.
- You will be able to play localized casino games. As mentioned above, Canada is the home to many casino game developers. The Stars Group, Chartwell Technology, and Parlay Entertainment are located in this country, providing you with lots of local games.
- You can meet with your heroes. There are many famous Canadian gamblers, such as Brian Molony, John Turmel, Rene Angelil, and Haralabos Voulgaris. You can play casino games with them or against them – both are possible!
- You can use any payment method you want. Pay with Skrill, Neteller ( here we can recommend you our neteller casino list,) Bitcoin casino Canada or a PayPal Casino. Make a bank transfer. Deposit and withdraw money with your credit card. The government does not block any financial transfers that are related to gambling.
- And the only con is… Well, for the reasons explained above, there won’t be any local online casino Canada sites to play. But since you can pick any international casino, this is not an actual “con” too: You still have access to hundreds of options on the internet.
Good To Know!
Canada Online Casino FAQ
Play Online Casino In Canada & Get The Best Bonuses!
Whether you want to play at the desktop or Android casinos in Canada, we have a recommendation for you: You can pick any of our suggested sites and start to play at the best online casino Canada sites today. Or, mobile casino Canada sites: The device you use does not matter. You have learned everything you need to know about online gambling in Canada, so it is time to try your luck. Create an account, grab a bonus, and start having fun right now! We will be updating our list of casino online Canada sites on a regular basis, so make sure to visit us often. Good luck!