We have good news to Swedish players: Online gambling is considered legal in the country since 2018 and you have lots of options when it comes to playing at an online casino Sweden.
In other words, Sweden is among the countries that allow online gambling now and this brings many advantages. However, due to strict terms and heavy tax rates, there is a shortage of local operators at the moment.
Even if you manage to find a casino Sweden online, the game collection will be quite small. Therefore, offshore gambling is still an option: You are not limited to the local online casinos in Sweden, there are lots of websites you can use, and some of them can even be considered as the best online casino of the world.
In this article, we will talk about online gambling laws in Sweden, tell you what to look for while picking a Sweden casino, and give you a full list of best online casino Sweden so you can play with style. Let’s start, there are a lot of topics we need to cover.
Our Best Casino Picks for Swedish Players
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €100 + 100 free spins
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘2DEP’
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200. Bonus code: ‘3DEP’
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘4DEP’
Register today at Pulp Casino, make your first deposit of a minimum €20, and receive up to €4000
Finding The Best Online Casino Sweden: Things To Look For
We have strict rules while evaluating best online casinos in Sweden, and even the best international online casino must comply with them to enter our lists. To be on our top online casino Sweden list is not an easy job: The casinos must be literally perfect and tailored for Swedish players. Take a look at the list below, you will understand how we examine and review Swedish online casinos.
- Sweden specific games. No providers restrict their content for Swedish players, as far as we know. So you won’t have a problem while playing Netent and NYX Gaming titles, for example. However, tailored content for Sweden is still important: In order to become a top online casino Sweden, the websites must be offering high-quality games from respected providers and these games must offer something unique to Swedish people, such as casino Sweden online roulette and casino Sweden online poker We give priority to casinos that offer this option. If you are interested in finding out more, we recommend checking out our Online Casino Games Guide.
- SIS Compliant Security. The internet security standards in Sweden is set by SIS (Strategy for Information) and they are pretty high. Only the casinos that can meet these standards can enter our best online casino Sweden In addition, they must be able to meet global standards, such as SSL encryption.
- Fair Sweden online casino bonus offers. Online casinos do not restrict their bonus campaigns for Swedish players. You will be able to benefit from every promotion fully. So, we check for how fair they are: Are the rates high enough? How about the wagering requirement rate? We give priority to casinos that offer fair and realistic bonuses, so you can easily claim them.
- Swedish “speaking” content and local options for payments. First of all, the website of the casino must be available in Swedish, this is a must for us. If the games support Swedish interfaces too, this is a big plus: Playing, for example, casino Sweden roulette online games in your own language is a very satisfying experience. In addition, Sweden has some local payment methods such as Klarna, Trustly, MINT, and SEPA. We check for if the casino supports these in addition to credit cards, e-wallets, and bank transfers.(come check out our “Payment Casino” guide to learn more about payment methods). Lastly, if the local currency (SEK) is supported natively, you won’t have to deal with conversion rates, which is another big plus.
- Local support in Sweden. Casinos that employ Swedish speaking support agents and offer Sweden based telephone support are very important to us. This type of casinos always appears on top of our lists, as we believe getting professional and local support is more important than anything.
The Best Casino Online Sweden List: Pick Anyone And Start Playing
So, what are the results of these criteria? After evaluating dozens of online casinos, we created the perfect “best of” list for you. Below, you can see online casinos that suit Swedish players the most. Note that some of them are candidates for the best casino in the world – they are that good. However, you will also notice the lack of local operators. This is actually pretty normal: Due to lack of local operators (more info about this below), offshore gambling sites are still the best option to gamble in Sweden. Don’t worry: We handpicked them all and tested for weeks, they are really the best. If you play at one of these sites, we guarantee that this will be a pleasant experience. To make that experience even better and profitable, make sure to check out our game guides too. For example, we have an excellent online slots guide or a complete baccarat strategy.
Online Casino Sweden Top List - Best Bonuses&Games
Swedish Gambling Act: Is Online Casino Legal In Sweden?
Until 2018, online gambling was in kind of a “grey” area in Sweden. It was not illegal but not exactly legal too, there was just no regulation about it. However, Scandinavian countries love gambling and Swedish industry was missing out a lot of tax income due to not regulating the sector. So, the Swedish government decided to form up a regulatory body (called Swedish Gambling Authority) and declared online gambling legal. Note that land-based casinos were already legal – Sweden is home to four famous land-based casinos.
In short, since 2018, all forms of gambling (online casinos, sports betting, horse betting, etc.) are legal in Sweden, as long as they are licensed from the SGA. Gambling regulations of Sweden clearly state that playing at an unlicensed casino is illegal but there are no sanctions in this regard. In other words, the government does not censor nor track offshore gambling sites. You are free to play at any casino you want, as long as you pick the legit and reputable ones of course.
Getting an SGA license costs 400.000 SEK (around 45.000 USD) so it is not a big amount. However, the tax rate is not that generous: Casino operators must pay 18% of their yearly income as tax to Swedish authorities. So far, most of the big players in the industry did not enter the Sweden market but don’t forget that it has only been a year since online gambling declared legal. In the near future, we expect to see lots of international brands. At the moment, however, there are almost no local operators that work in the country. To sum it up, online casinos and all kinds of gambling are legal in Sweden but offshore casino sites are still the best option to play.
Tips, Tricks, And Our Suggestions To Players In Sweden
There are not many tips and tricks we can share: The fact that gambling is perfectly legal also means that you are literally free. However, we still recommend to check for the following while picking and playing at an online casino:
- Prefer Sweden based providers. Or, simply put, prefer Netent Did you know that Netent is actually a Swedish company and its headquarters are located in Stockholm? This also means that Netent games are your best chance to get localized content. They are probably the biggest slots Sweden provider and their collection is quite big. You can, of course, try out the other providers such as Amaya, iSoftBet, Betsoft, Big Time Gaming, NextGen Gaming, Thunderkick, and Red Tiger Gaming Casinos. However, we recommend starting with the Best Isoftbet Online Casino Sites collection.
- Prefer legit and reputable Sweden casinos. Even if the online casino is not licensed from SGA, make sure it still owns a prestigious license, such as MGA (Malta Gaming Authority), eCuracao, and UKGC (United Kingdom Gambling Commission). These licenses make the casinos legit and trustable. In addition, you are more likely to find bonuses in Sweden at these casinos. Here is a hint: Prefer mobile casinos (such as ios casinos and android casinos) to find additional bonuses, as they make extra offers to mobile users. In any case, absolutely stay away from unlicensed websites.
- Use the most efficient Sweden payment method. You can, of course, prefer to use credit cards and bank transfers; the government does not restrict payments from offshore casinos. However, bank transfers may last for days and even the credit card payments can take up 24 hours. Instead, prefer e-wallet services such as a PayPal Casino. They will be much faster and you will be paying fewer PayPal has no problems with regards to offshore casino payments in Sweden, so you can safely use it.
- Finding Swedish speaking agents will be hard. Swedish is, unfortunately, a hard language to speak. If you prefer to use telephone support, the chances of getting an agent who speaks Swedish is pretty low. For this reason, we recommend using email and live chat options to reach the support team. You are more likely to find Swedish speaking people in these methods.
The Future Of Swedish Language Casinos
The future is pretty bright. Gambling is already legal in the country and the license fees are very low. We expect to see big brands entering the Sweden market pretty soon. In other words, in a year or so, there will be lots of local online casinos operated by international companies. The tax rate is not that high, to tell the truth: Denmark, for example, applies a 20% tax rate to casino operators. So, the 18% tax rate is not high at all – in fact, Sweden has the potential to become the gambling center of Europe, just like Bulgaria. Keep playing at our recommended online casinos until more operators enter the Sweden market, and after that, check our site again: We will review them too.
Pros and Cons Of Sweden Online Casinos
- All kinds of gambling are legal
- License fees are not that high
- No censorship on offshore casinos
- Dedicated casino bonuses for Sweden
- Lack of local operators
FAQ About Sweden Casinos
Play At The Best Casino Online In Sweden Today!
There is no need to wait for local operators to open up shop in Sweden: You can start playing today! Any of our recommended casinos will be a good option for you and provide a fair and safe gambling environment. Use their bonuses to get additional benefits and start gambling in style! We update our casino reviews and lists on a regular basis, so don’t forget to visit us often. Good luck and let’s roll the dice together!
Other related articles: