Making an online casino chargeback is possible: You can really ask for a refund after making a deposit and get your money back. However, while this sounds like a really good idea, your chances of making a successful online casino chargeback are pretty slim and you need to know a lot of things about this process in order to complete it, find out how much you can cash out at a casino.
And that’s what we are going to do in this article: We will explain the online casino chargebacks, how to make one, and give you some tips about this system. And we will also talk about gambling chargeback consequences, in order to inform you about every aspect of this feature. Let’s start by answering what is an online casino chargeback question.
Safest Online Casino Pick by Analyze Casino
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €100 + 100 free spins
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘2DEP’
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200. Bonus code: ‘3DEP’
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘4DEP’
Register today at Pulp Casino, make your first deposit of a minimum €20, and receive up to €4000
What Is An Online Casino Chargeback?
A chargeback is a general term, which means the return of the funds to a customer. Basically, after making a payment, you can take it back by claiming that the service provider “tricked” you. For example, if the goods you received are faulty, you can claim a chargeback and get your money back. The payment provider (for example, the bank) refunds the money and resolves the problem with the service provider.
It is basically a consumer protection mechanism recognized by law, and its effectiveness will be determined by the scope of these laws. For example, it is most effective in the United States as a chargeback is almost a daily process made by every consumer. In European casinos such as Online Casino Norway, Online Casino Germany, and Online Casino Sweden, it is still effective but not like in the US: The consumer is literally the king in the United States and the whole country has a “no questions asked” policy. In third world countries such as Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Egypt, it has almost no effect. In fact, some of these countries and their respective international online casino do not even have a chargeback system.
Now, since online casinos offer a service, the explanations above apply to them too. In other words, it is possible to make a chargeback claim for online casino payments like debit card, to learn more about payment methods come check out our payment casino guide. This is within your rights and chargeback online casino claims can be directed to every casino site out there, as long as your country gives you this right by law. After making a deposit and playing casino games, for example, you can issue a chargeback claim and get your money back. Sounds pretty good, right?
Well, not really. Making a successful online casino chargeback is a very challenging job and it has many consequences. Let’s explain this issue further.
How To Make A Successful Online Casino Chargeback
Disputing credit card charges online gambling may sound like a good idea, but you need to know lots of things to make a successful gambling chargeback. The first thing to know is that this system is being offered to protect the consumer. The main idea here is that if the service/goods you got are faulty, you don’t need to pay – the payment provider will refund your losses. “Faulty” is the key word here, because, in order to make a successful chargeback online casino, you must prove that the service is, indeed, faulty.
So, how to do successful 2022 online casino chargebacks? The “service” you are getting at online casinos is actually the chance to play casino games. That’s all. No online casino guarantees that you will win a prize. Their promise to you is to offer the chance to play games – even their numbers and providers are not guaranteed things. In other words, as long as you are able to play games in an online casino, the “service” you are getting will be exactly what is promised – there is no faulty service here.
So, the online casino will simply dispute your claim and state that they are able to offer the service as promised. And they will be right – other than offering casino games to play with real money, they are not promising anything. This explanation also shows how to make a successful online casino chargeback: If you can prove that the service is not as promised, your chargeback request will be accepted.
But, how can you prove something like that? Well, if you are playing in an unlicensed casino site and/or the RTP rates of the games are rigged(check our article on “is online blackjack rigged?“), you can prove such a claim. If the online casino operator offers you games that you have no chance of winning, this is indeed a faulty service and online casino chargeback request will be accepted. However, proving such things is not an easy task: While it will be easy to show that an online casino has no license, you won’t be able to prove rigged RTP rates unless you have access to internal records. In short, this is a very hard thing to do and that’s why we don’t see many successful online casino chargebacks. However, even if you manage to do one, there will still be consequences: Keep reading to learn what these are and find more about some new payment methods like Ripple Casino sites.
Which Payment Options Support Online Casino Chargebacks?
Contrary to popular belief, online casino chargebacks are not limited to credit card payments. Most of these requests originate from credit card transfers and VISA (come learn more about visa casinos in our Best Visa Online Casino article) & MasterCard casino, SporoPay Casino sites, that’s for sure, but you can claim a chargeback for other payment methods too. Here are some examples:
Wire Transfer Casino: If you made the deposit via bank transfer or instant bank transfer, you can still make a chargeback request and apply directly to your bank, read BankID Casino for more information. However, there are some payment methods that simply do not support chargeback requests due to their nature. Bitcoin casino sites are the best example of this. The blockchain transfers are encrypted and anonymous, so you cannot ask for a refund – the technology simply does not support this feature. If cryptocurrencies are you thing we have just the article for you! Come check our Bitcoin Casino Guide.
Online Casino Chargeback Time Limits
Top Trusted Online Casinos 2022 by Analyze
Facts About Online Casino Chargebacks
- The service provider, which is the online casino, in this case, that can object to your chargeback request. In fact, they will always do this – no operator accepts chargeback claims without fighting. And the only thing they need to prove is that you had the chance to play casino games. In short, if you are making a chargeback request due to “not receiving the promised service”, it will be denied and you will be banned from the casino site.
- If you are making an online casino chargeback due to “unauthorized transaction”, which means somebody used your card without your authorization, know that online casinos keep detailed records to identify you to prove that you are really “you”. For example, there are some malevolent players out there who benefit from casino bonuses and then make chargeback requests. Your entire financial history will be used during these disputes so if your card is not really stolen, don’t use this excuse.
- If you do not tell the truth, even your payment provider, for example, your bank, may sue you.
- Making too many chargeback requests will put you to a “blacklist”. This will make it harder to get a credit or credit card, for example.
Gambling Chargebacks: What Are The Consequences
As Long As It Is An Fraudulent Online Casino Chargeback, You Are Good
Well, you now know more about online casino chargebacks: As long as the reason for this request is fraudulent online casino activities and you are ready to prove that, there will be no problem. But if you are using this system just to “cheat”, don’t: There will be many consequences.
Some casino sites handle chargeback requests different, so we advise you to visit our casino reviews section to learn chargeback handling of individual casino sites. Make sure you also read our guide on issues, risks, ease of using your Credit Card at casinos. As always, we wish you good luck: May you never lose!