For some reason, there are three kinds of common misbeliefs among gamblers. The first one is believing that the probability of a particular outcome will increase over time no matter what the casino game rules are.
For example, if the result is “red” ten times in a row when playing roulette, the possibility of getting a “black” in the eleventh round is increased, right? The second belief is about “rigged” casino games. See for it yourself: Open Google, and type “are online casinos rigged” or “are online live casinos rigged”. Well, let’s be fair: For some gamblers, this question is “are online casinos fair” – they know reputable online casinos exist, they just want to learn hoe fair they are.
You will see thousands of results, and most of them will say the same thing: Yes, online casinos are rigged. Stay away, casinos are rigged definitely! The third belief is about payments. Again, for some reason, gamblers wonder do online casinos really pay out.
Or, how do online casinos pay you – people who ask this question actually means “will I be able to get my money from an online casino”. Basically, it is a different way of asking “are online casinos rigged” or “are online casinos fair”. Thing is, all of these beliefs are gambler’s fallacy, just online casino myths – An idea without a merit basis. Believing that online casinos rigged without evidence or “feeling” that “online casinos are rigged” are good examples. If you are also a person who keeps asking is online blackjack rigged or are online casino slot machines rigged, keep reading: We will explain why this is not possible.
However, we will also explain how it can be possible, so you know what to look out for. Maybe you are a little paranoid because you keep asking “are online live casinos rigged” or “are online gambling sites rigged”, but sometimes this can be healthy thing too. Sometimes, you need to look beyond the casino game rules to find out the rigged casino sites.
Our Best Trustworthy Casino Picks
- Get a 100% up to €500 on your first deposit with a minimum deposit of €20
- Get an additional 500 Free Spins when you deposit €55+
- The free spins are released in bundles of 50 free spins per day, over the course of 10 days
- Wagering requirements: 30x
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- First deposit is 500% up to €100
- Second deposit is 400% up to €120 + 50 Free Spins (no wagering)
- Third deposit is 300% up to €120 + 50 Free Spins (no wagering)
- Wagering requirements: x30
Register with Betwinner today and receive an exlusive welcome bonus of up to €390!
- Use the promo code: ANALYZE
- Minimum deposit required: €1
- Wagering requirements: 28x
- Bonus is not available for customers with cryptocurrency accounts
But there are still casino sites out there you can trust: You won’t feel the need to ask “are online casinos fixed” or “is online gambling rigged” if you play at one of these websites. We pick the most reliable and trustworthy casino sites for you – pick any of them to play and never ask “are online gambling sites rigged” again.
What Makes A Casino Trustworthy and Not Rigged?
Before answering “are live casinos rigged” question and moving on to “online casino games rigged” topic, we should explain what makes an online casino trustworthy. If you are asking “are online casinos fixed”, what are the things that will convince you otherwise? Online casinos are businesses, and like every business, they need a “permit”.
In the online gambling industry, this permit is called a “license”. So if someone asks “is online casino rigged”, you can show the license to convince him/her otherwise. Only official government institutions can give a license, and before providing one, they make a very thorough background check. If the applicant has some kind of criminal record or tax debt, it is impossible to get a license.
Once it is issued, the licensor keeps auditing the casino regularly, and checks for “funny” businesses. To continue to operate, an online casino must keep its license, so it must always comply with the law and regulations. And these laws tell the casino that it must offer fair games. In other words, the first thing that makes a casino trustworthy is its license.
If it is issued from a reputable agency such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission or Malta Gambling Authority, you can trust that casino and you can be sure that there won’t be any online roulette rigged games at that site (for some reason, most of the players think roulette is the best game to “fix”).
In other words, you won’t feel the need to ask “are online casinos rigged?” if you play at licensed websites. Note that this question is not the same as asking can online casinos be rigged. Because yes, they can and sometimes the answer to are casino games rigged question is yes. But having a license shows that they are not rigged – this is the first condition of offering a fair gambling service.
Andi as can be guessed, having a license also answers the are online casinos legit question, because they are the thing that make casino sites legal.
The second thing is the independent audition. There are third-party companies out there whose only job is the check the fairness of casino games and their RTP rates. eCOGRA and iTechLabs are the best examples of this. If you see the logo of one of these auditors, there won’t be any online roulette fixed games at that casino, you can be sure of this.
This affects live dealer games too, so if there is a certificate at the website, you don’t need to ask “are online live casinos rigged” – they are also fair. They might even have their own Online Casino Games Guide.
So, for starters, we have two things to check for: The license and the audition of an independent agency. Let’s continue with others.
How Are Online Casinos Rigged?
Or, is it really possible to “fix” online casino games? Not just regular games, are live casinos rigged too? To answer this question, we must first explain how casinos work. Legit online casinos do not develop games themselves, they work with a provider (such as Microgaming, Netent, Novomatic, etc.).
These providers develop games by using an RNG (random number generator). And this is the reason why it is impossible to “rig” a game at a trust online casino. Let’s explain how this system works, so you will have a better understanding.
- The whole purpose of the RNG software is to generate random numbers. It is impossible to predict what these numbers will be – even the programmer himself cannot predict the results. RNG creates random numbers in a range, for example, between 1 and 1.000.000.
- Everything you see on the screen while playing an online casino game is actually “numbers”. For example, let’s say that you are playing a slot machine with 5 symbols. Every symbol in the game has a numerical counterpart. When you press the “spin” button, the RNG software generates a random number. And if this number matches the counterpart of the symbol, it is displayed on the screen.
- So, the results are completely random and nobody can predict what they will be in the next round. This applies to every game – slot machines, blackjack, roulette, poker… These are “digital” games and they are all tied to an RNG
The provider gets an additional license for its games and software, so you can be sure that the results are truly random. So, at a licensed and secure casino, this is what happens:
- The official authorities audit the casino on a constant basis and ensure that everything is in order
- Same authorities audit the providers to ensure that they are really random
- On top of these, independent audition agencies check both and triple ensures that games and the casino are fair
So, yes, it is impossible to “rig” online casino games. In fact, you can rig the land-based casino
games – all it takes is to convince the dealer. He is a human after all and can be altered. Online casino games, on the other hand, are not controlled by “humans”. Therefore, there is nobody to convince. You are more secure at an online casino than its land-based counterpart.
What Online Casinos Are Not Rigged
If you are still asking this question, you can take a look at the table below. These casinos are not “rigged”, because they all have a reputable license, work with an independent auditor, and offer only the games of well-known providers. If you are really paranoid about this topic, pick any casino from the list below. We guarantee that they will offer a fair experience.
Top 20 best online casinos in 2021
Reviews and Independent Testing: Features Of Safe Online Casinos
If you are the kind of gambler who believes in conspiracy theories and does not trust official government authorities, use two things to ensure that you are playing at a legit online casino: Independent tests and reviews. Independent audition agencies (eCOGRA, iTechLabs, etc) have no reason to lie to you and their certificate of trusts are highly reputable.
The second thing you can use is our website. We review all trustable online casinos available and share our opinion with you. Our team consists of professionals with decades of experience and we are players too, so we know what to look out for. If you cannot trust anything, trust us: If we find an online casino unfair, we won’t recommend it to you.
How To Know If An Online Casino Is Rigged
- If you are playing at an online casino with no license,
- If you cannot see the RTP rates of games you are playing,
- If the reviews about the casino are beyond bad,
- If none of the game providers at the casino seems familiar
Are online casino rigged FAQ:
You may be playing at a “rogue” casino. Yes, rogue casinos exist and if you play at the Spanish 21 card counting, you will just lose money. However, it is pretty easy to spot them – check the recommendations above.
If you insist on playing at rogue casinos, then yes, you can be sure that most of the games will be “rigged”. But if you are playing at a licensed and legit casino, like the list above, you can be sure you will not be cheated.