If you are playing on a modest budget, it is quite difficult to make a remarkable win in blackjack. This game requires both a high bankroll and a financial source that can support that bankroll for a long time. However, blackjack tournaments are an exception to this situation: You can win a prize big enough to enrich you with an extremely small budget. All you have to do is buy your starter chips and use the right blackjack tournament strategy. By choosing the right events, it is possible to earn as big as poker tournaments. We have prepared this guide to help you: First, we will talk about the rules and briefly talk about how to win a blackjack tournament. Next, we will list the blackjack tournament strategy tips that will work well and increase your winning odds. After reading this guide, you will be ready to participate in even the toughest tournaments.
The Best Online Casinos To Join A Blackjack Tournament (2020)
Let’s start by giving you a list of the best online casinos to join a blackjack tournament. We analyzed hundreds of casino sites and picked the ones below: These are your best options in 2020. They offer the most number of blackjack tournaments, the best bonuses, and support different variants of this game. In other words, if you want to join these events and use a blackjack tournament strategy to increase your odds, these are your best options.
- A Bonus For Classic And Live Blackjack
- A Weekly Reload Bonus That Will Help Your Bankroll
We picked Spin It casino because it offers two different bonuses for blackjack players. First, it matches your first deposit amount by 100% and up to 1.000 USD. You can use this bonus to play classic blackjack games at the online casino section. Second, it gives you another match bonus of 100% and up to 100 USD; which can be used in the live casino section (to play dozens of blackjack games). So no matter which one you prefer, Spin It casino offers a useful deal to you. Lastly, all your deposits made on Fridays will get a 50% match bonus (up to 100 USD), so you can refuel your bankroll.
- Up To 1.500 EUR Bonus At The Start
- 500 EUR Weekly Reload Bonus
The welcome bonus of Casinomia will match your first three deposits with different rates and let you win up to 1.500 EUR in total. This is a good initial capital: You can join any kind of blackjack tournament with it. And if you need to increase your bankroll further, you can always take advantage of the weekly reload bonus: Whenever you make a deposit, Casinomia will match it by 50%, until the amount reaches 500 EUR in total. You can benefit from this bonus every week. And with all those deposits, you will gain loyalty points too, which can be used to get a personal cashback bonus!
- 300 GBP Instant Bonus
- Deposit 10, Play With 15
William Hill is one of the oldest UK-based gambling brands and it has a special network for everything: Bingo, poker, blackjack, slots… No matter which one you like, there is a bonus for you. Your first deposit, for example, will be matched by 100% and up to 300 GBP, which can be used to play dozens of blackjack games, both regular and live. There is also a constant reload bonus too: Every time you deposit 10 GBP, William Hill matches it by 50% and gives you 5 GBP, so your total bankroll is 15 GBP. Use these extra balance to join lots of mini and major blackjack tournaments!
- Two Different Welcome Bonuses
- 25% Reload Bonus Every Week
Just like Spin It, Casino Gods also offers different bonuses for regular & live casino sections. If you enjoy playing blackjack against real dealers, get the live casino one and win a 100% match rate for your first deposit, up to 100 EUR. Or, get the same match rate but win up to 300 EUR; to use on regular blackjack games. And after using your welcome bonuses, start taking advantage of the weekly reload bonus. It will give you a 25% match rate every time you make a deposit, up to 100 EUR. The wagering rate for all these bonuses is 40x.
What Are Online Black Jack Tournaments?
Casino sites organize a tournament for almost any type of game. These are events where players compete against each other. Points are earned according to the number of games won or bets placed, and these points are used to increase rankings. Each tournament has one big prize and it is shared among the top 10 players. (According to the tournament rules, this number may be less or higher.)
As you might guess, slot tournaments are the most common, but it is possible to organize similar events for other games too. Card games are particularly attractive in this regard, as the vast majority contain rules that are appropriate for the spirit of tournaments. For example, poker is such a game: Players already play against each other and there is only one winner at the end of the game. Such a game can be easily adapted to a tournament.
Blackjack, on the other hand, may still be the subject of a tournament, although it does not have the same suitable rules as poker. However, it will be slightly different from a classic tournament because, by virtue of the rules, the players fight against the casino, not against each other. There is no competition between the players sitting together at a table: They all play against the dealer. For this reason, blackjack tournaments are slightly different from what you are used to and are more like slot tournaments. We will talk about this difference in more detail when discussing the blackjack tournament rules. Of course, these tournaments also require the use of special strategies. Do not confuse them with classic blackjack strategies (such as card counting): Blackjack strategy focuses on how you can win the game itself. Blackjack strategy tournament, on the other hand, focuses on the event, not the game.
Blackjack Tournament Rules: How Do Tournaments Work
A blackjack tournament isn’t actually that complicated. But it changes what you need to focus on: For example, now you start competing not only against the dealer but also against other players. Before we move on to the blackjack tournament strategy tips and how to win a blackjack tournament, let’s explain the rules so you can have a clearer picture in mind.
The Difference Between Regular Blackjack And Tournament Blackjack
When we say that blackjack tournaments are different than playing regular blackjack, we refer to the overall goals. As mentioned above, the rules of blackjack are the same: They do not change. However, due to the blackjack tournament rules, the things you need to pay attention and focus are quite different and some questions might arise such as “Do you take insurance in blackjack?” . Playing blackjack in a tournament requires you to think in a different way. In the table below, you can see the main differences between regular blackjack and tournament blackjack, and you can understand more easily what we are talking about.
The most important difference is the bankroll, in our opinion. In the regular blackjack, players with high bankrolls are advantageous. Because they can continue playing longer and bet higher. However, there is no such thing in blackjack tournaments: All players start a tournament with an equal budget. So what matters is not the size of your bankroll, but how skilled you are. So, if you are good enough, you can easily be the winner of the tournament.
Blackjack Tournament Types
Just like slot tournaments, there are multiple types of blackjack tournaments. In general, the rules are the same, but the methods of earning points and the number of participants are different in each type of tournament. These differences may also require the blackjack tournament strategy to be implemented to change. Likewise, the answer to how to win a blackjack tournament will also be different according to these distinctions. It is possible to list blackjack tournament types as follows:
Type Of Tournament
If you have just begun and have not yet developed your own personal strategy for blackjack tournament, we recommend starting with mini tournaments. In this way, you can gain enough experience without taking high financial risks. Once you have enough experience and learned all the blackjack tournament strategy tips you need, you can start participating in major tournaments.
The Summary Of Blackjack Tournament Rules
- No matter what kind of tournament you are participating in, you are competing against other players. The dealer is not your only “target”.
- Each player starts with the same amount of chips; everybody is equal in the beginning.
- Usually, the top 10 players share the grand prize among them and the player with the most chips gets the lion’s share.
- The most important thing is how many chips you have. Therefore, you should focus on increasing their number as much as possible. You should have as many chips as possible at the end of the tournament.
How To Join A Blackjack Tournament: A Simple Guide
Participating in a tournament is not that difficult. Truth be told, it is difficult to find the right online casino: Although blackjack tournaments are quite common, there are few that are good enough to participate. We can list the things you need to do as follows:
How To Win A Blackjack Tournament: Basic Tips And Tricks
Before we get started with the blackjack tournament strategy, let’s give simple and useful tips. These blackjack tournament strategy tips will help you understand which event offers the best terms & conditions. You will also be able to see and avoid any errors that may have caused you to be disqualified.
Check the actual value of the tournament. Do you know who funds the grand prize in a tournament? Well, it is the participants. Ticket fees paid to participate in the tournament accumulate in a pool and become the prize of the tournament. At this point, there are three possibilities: In the first possibility, the tournament prize is less than the sum of the ticket prices. In the second possibility, the tournament prize is equal to the sum of the ticket prices. And in the third possibility, the tournament reward is more than the total of the ticket prices.
Ideally, you should choose option number three, as the casino operator offers special support for the tournament. Option number two can also be chosen – the operator does not provide personal support, but there is still no harm in joining the tournament. Stay away from option number one, however, because all you do is giving “free money” to the operator. In this option, the operator reserves a certain portion of the ticket fees collected and this is unfair. In other words, the money in the prize pool should not be less than the sum of the ticket prices.
Read the rules. Really, read them. Do you know whats the best strategy for a blackjack tournament? No matter how skillful you are, do not take part in any tournament without first reading the rules. This is the biggest mistake you can make. As we mentioned above, each tournament has different rules that vary according to its type. Even if you know how to play blackjack very well, you need to take a look at these rules in advance, because only this way you can learn how to improve your ranking. Blackjack strategy tournament for chip management will also vary according to the rules. Therefore, be sure to carefully read all the rules of the tournament before you start playing.
Do not talk with anybody. If you are playing live blackjack, you are already aware of the multiplayer features. In this type of games, you can talk to your tablemates and even the dealer or send them text messages. However, you should never do these in tournament games. Tournament participants are there to win, not to socialize: Talking to them can lead to disqualification from the tournament.
Keys To Winning Blackjack Tournaments: You Need To Learn These Skills
- Pay attention not only to your own chips, but also to your opponents’ chips. Always know how many chips each player on the table has.
- You should know when to raise and reduce your bet. Both options will increase your chip count, but only when they are used at the right moment.
- Also analyze your opponents’ cards and try to calculate their chances of winning / losing. In this way, you have an idea of the change in chip numbers and you can better understand what your bet should be.
- The basic blackjack strategy will work, but there will be a time when you need to leave this strategy. Make sure there is a different strategy you can switch to when this happens.
- Do not sit in the first or last betting position for as long as possible. Depending on the type of tournament, both can cause you to be disadvantaged.
Blackjack Tournament Strategy: Basic And Advanced
And now, let’s talk about basic and advanced blackjack tournament strategy systems. Note that there is no single answer to whats the best strategy for a blackjack tournament question: You need to use a combination of different tactics and strategies to increase your chip count. Here are our recommendations:
- Check who is the chip leader at the table. If you are behind, the best blackjack strategy tournament you can use is to make big bets, rather than small ones. If you have 10 chips, for example, make two bets for 5 chips, instead of making the bets for 1 chips. You will be taking a bigger risk but that’s the only way to catch up.
- If you are the player with the most coins, check the player who is closest to you and match his/her bets. This way, you can prevent him/her from overtaking the lead. Even if you lose, you can keep your leader status.
- If you don’t have enough chips to catch up with the leader, you need to “go low”. This means holding back one more chip than the leader, betting the rest of your chips, and hoping that the dealer will beat the table. Yes, this is a big risk but you don’t have other options.
- If you are not sure how much to bet, place the maximum number of chips. In the long run, this is the best option. However, do not overbet too: This will be a big mistake.
Do Not Overbet In A Blackjack Tournament
Pros And Cons Of Blackjack Tournaments: Should You Join?
- You can win big even with a very small investment
- You can find a tournament for all variants of blackjack
- You get to compete against your table buddies: The gameplay is much more exciting
- With the right blackjack tournament strategy, you can beat even the pros
- Even if you are a blackjack pro, the tournament requires using completely different strategies
- You also need to check & analyze the hands of your opponents, which can be challenging
FAQ About Online Blackjack Tournaments
Find A Tournament To Join, Start The Ultimate Blackjack Tour!
We believe that you are now ready to join a blackjack tournament: We talked about everything you need to know. Pick one of our recommended casinos, sign up, and participate in any tournament – don’t forget to use a blackjack tournament strategy too. With the right website and strategy, you can easily make big amounts of money with these tournaments: We wish you good luck. And don’t forget to visit us often because we will continue to update our guide and list of online casinos. See you at the tables!