Single Deck Blackjack is unquestionably one of the more popular games to play, especially amongst card counting fans. Playing blackjack with a single deck makes it easier to gauge what cards are in the deck, and therefore, as far as blackjack strategy goes, Single Deck Blackjack is appealing.
If you’re interested in learning how to play the game and how to make money playing blackjack, then this guide is for you.
Join us as we explore playing Single Deck Blackjack online, explain its differences with Multideck Blackjack, and showcase a few tips and tricks to help get you started. If you’re ready to begin, read on to find out more.
- 1Single Deck Blackjack explained
- 2How to play Single Deck Blackjack today
- 3Top online casinos for playing Single Deck Blackjack
- 4Single Deck Blackjack rules – Everything you need to know
- 5Single Deck vs Multideck Blackjack compared
- 6Top tips for playing Single Deck Blackjack online
- 7Can I count cards in Single Deck Blackjack?
- 8The pros and cons of Single Deck Blackjack
- 9FAQs: Your questions on Single Deck Blackjack answered
Our top casino picks for playing Single Deck blackjack games
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €500;
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €300;
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200;
- Wagering requirements: 35x
- Minimum deposit: €20
Windetta Casino Welcome Bonus: 215% Up to €2000 + 200 Free Spins
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
Register today at Cashwin and get this amazing welcome package: Up to €1750 + 50 Free Spins
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
Single Deck Blackjack explained
How to play Single Deck Blackjack today
Do you know how to play a hand of Single Deck Blackjack? The gameplay is simple enough. Just do like so:
Of course, there’s a bit more to it than that, so let’s look at some of the specific rules in play next.
Top online casinos for playing Single Deck Blackjack
Single Deck Blackjack rules – Everything you need to know
Single Deck Blackjack is played to Classic Blackjack rules. This means that you can play Single Deck Blackjack with Basic Strategy, as you would in any other game. A typical Single Deck Blackjack chart will help you determine the best move, but generally speaking, these are the Single Deck Blackjack rules you need to know:
Single Deck vs Multideck Blackjack compared
Single Deck Blackjack odds are increased compared to Multideck Blackjack hands. As there are fewer 10-point value cards, it is a lot more difficult to bust. Does this make Single Deck Blackjack better, though?
The increased probability of Single Deck Blackjack wins is appealing over, say, Double Deck Blackjack, but there are a few other things to consider before we decide:
Overall, we’d say Single Deck Blackjack is ideal for first timers and newbies who want to practice card counting, but we would specifically say that it is better – just different.
Top tips for playing Single Deck Blackjack online
Single Deck Blackjack strategy uses largely the same Basic Strategy system as other blackjack games. However, Single Deck Blackjack cheats sheets can help you learn when to stand, split, hit and so on. While we do recommend that you study these charts, we can also provide you with a few Single Deck Blackjack tips here, and they include:
👉 If you can’t split 5s and 10s, look at a hard total of 10 or 20.
👉 If re-splitting limit rules are in place, look at the hand as a hard total, excluding aces.
👉 If you have a no-nonsense pair of aces that cannot be re-split (due to table rules), but drawing to split is permitted, consider doing so, then doubling against a five or six. Alternatively, hit.
👉 Download a Basic Strategy (for Single Deck Blackjack) chart and start playing free Single Deck Blackjack. This will give you the time you need to study the chart and learn what you need to do and when.
Can I count cards in Single Deck Blackjack?
Single deck blackjack strategy is compatible with your counting cards. In fact, in Single Deck Blackjack, card counting is easier than in almost any other game, on account of there being so few cards. Learning how to card count in blackjack with a single deck is straightforward. Consider this…
You will need to have a basic understanding of running counts and how they work. We’ve got guides to help you with this. Once you’ve grasped the basics, then perhaps you may wish to use a specific strategy for Single Deck Blackjack.
We think that the Hi-Op system is ideal for Single Deck Blackjack.
- This involves adding +1 to your count when a three, four, five or six appears
- Adding nothing when 2, 7, 8, 9 or Ace appears
- Subtracting one from your count when a 10, Jack, Queen or King shows up.
- You may need to adjust it marginally to take into account that the first two cards are dealt face down.
- You will also want to have an idea of how often the deck is shuffled – most likely frequently.
The pros and cons of Single Deck Blackjack
- Easier to count cards
- Lower house edge than Multideck Blackjack games
- Commonly found at online casinos
- Uses Classic Blackjack rules and offers no real surprises
- Less likely to see side and bonus bets included in these games
- Insurance bets have a higher house edge than usual
FAQs: Your questions on Single Deck Blackjack answered
Play Single Deck Blackjack Online Today
If you want to get started with Single Deck Blackjack, then we’ve got plenty of top casinos eager to offer you access to their games. You can also peruse the rest of our site to learn about blackjack cheat sheets, strategies, and betting systems, learn about multi-hand blackjack games, multideck titles, and much more.