Double deck blackjack is a variation of the classic card game, available at most online casinos.
In this blackjack double deck guide we teach you how to make money playing blackjack.
We take a close look at double deck blackjack rules and highlight how this game compares to other live dealer blackjack varieties.
At the end of the day, you’ll have a better understanding of how the game works and hopefully be able to use our double deck blackjack tips to beat the house edge.
- 1What is double deck blackjack?
- 2Play double deck blackjack – Step by Step
- 3Top casinos with Double Deck blackjack games in 2022
- 4Special rules of double deck blackjack
- 5Double Deck Blackjack and Six Deck Blackjack comparison
- 6Double deck blackjack tips and strategy
- 7Card counting in double deck blackjack
- 8Best Las Vegas double deck blackjack games
- 9Pros and cons of double deck blackjack
- 10FAQ: Your questions on double deck blackjack answered
Our top casino picks for playing Double Deck blackjack
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
Register today at Cashwin and get this amazing welcome package: Up to €1750 + 50 Free Spins
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
What is double deck blackjack?
Play double deck blackjack – Step by Step
Before we dwell on the more complex double deck blackjack basic strategy, we need to understand how to play double deck blackjack. These are the five steps that are representative to both free games and high limit blackjack using two decks of cards.
Top casinos with Double Deck blackjack games in 2023
Special rules of double deck blackjack
There are many similarities between single deck blackjack and double deck blackjack, but also a few differences. The same blackjack money management principles apply to both games and the learning curve is smooth if you are familiar with one game. Here we focus on the particular rules of the game using two decks, to determine if is double deck blackjack better and to learn how to beat the house edge.
Double Deck Blackjack and Six Deck Blackjack comparison
The most common version of live and mobile blackjack is the one using six decks of cards, while double deck blackjack is less common. In order to determine how profitable this type of the game can be, it’s important to make a double deck blackjack vs 6 deck comparison. In the paragraphs below we highlight the advantages and shortcomings of each game and teach you how to beat double deck blackjack.
Generally speaking, the fewer decks in play, the better the odds are for blackjack players. This isn’t all about double deck blackjack card counting, which is obviously easier when there are few cards to keep track of. The main reason is that the frequency of two card 21 is higher if you play with just two decks. Since blackjack pays 3 to 2 at the best double deck blackjack in Vegas, this game can be profitable.
Only the player gets boosted profits for hitting blackjack, so you have an advantage over the dealer. Unfortunately, most casinos will only pay 6 to 5 on blackjack, which greatly reduces the long term winnings and makes the six deck version better. To determine which games are worth playing, try the free double deck blackjack at your casino of choice and pay close attention to the pay tables.
A profitable online blackjack strategy for double deck blackjack needs to factor in other elements. If the dealer stands at soft 17 and you are allowed to split any pairs, including aces, the game is worth trying. By using a double deck blackjack cheat sheet, you know when to blackjack hit or stand depending on your cards and what the dealer is showing. The bottom line is that the double deck blackjack house edge is generally better than the six deck game if blackjack pays 3:2.
Double deck blackjack tips and strategy
Playing double deck blackjack online is a relatively straightforward process, because the rules of the game are easy to learn and master. To be truly successful, you should first understand the double deck blackjack odds and use a blackjack cheat sheet to hit and stand correctly. In the paragraphs below, we take a closer look at the standard double deck blackjack strategy to help you improve the odds of winning.
👉 Surrendering is generally a bad idea, but you can use it if your cards totals are 15 or 16 and the dealer has an ace. If the dealer hits on soft 17, you can also consider surrendering with a hand total of 17. You can find more in our “When to surrender in blackjack” guide.
👉 The best double deck blackjack strategy will require you to use a blackjack chart indicating when to hit and stand. Generally speaking, you should always stand at 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 if the dealer shows a low card ranging from 2 to 6. Hitting is always recommended when you have an ace and a low card from 2 to 6, and double against the dealer showing a 5 or 6
👉 When to double down in blackjack is an important question that must be answered when playing double deck blackjack. You should always do it when your first two cards amount to 11 and double on a ten if the dealer shows anything but a ten or an ace. The same goes for splitting pairs of 8 or 9 if the game allows you and the dealer shows a 4, 5 or 6.
Card counting in double deck blackjack
When players try to figure out how to win double deck blackjack they immediately think of counting cards. It makes sense to consider this possibility, since fewer decks are in play and it should be easier to count. The ability to keep track of the cards that were already dealt can help you make the right decisions for the remaining hands. In conjunction with solid bankroll management, this allows you to double down when the odds of making blackjack are better, so the house edge is decreased.
However, this can only work in land-based casinos and game parlors, assuming the dealers and pit bosses are not careful. That’s because these casinos don’t reshuffle the decks after each hand, like their online counterparts. When this happens, it doesn’t matter if you are capable of keeping track of the cards dealt, as software will render your progress irrelevant. Instead of trying to beat the house edge in this way, you should try to master double deck blackjack strategy.
Best Las Vegas double deck blackjack games
Some of the best double deck blackjack games can be found online, but Las Vegas casinos have pretty strong games themselves. In order to find the very best game in town you should focus on some key elements.
Pros and cons of double deck blackjack
- Easier to make blackjack with two decks
- House edge is decreased if using optimal strategy
- Players can count cards if the decks are not reshuffled
- Better options for splitting and doubling down
- Some games only pay 6 to 5 on blackjack
- Double deck blackjack is less common at online casinos
FAQ: Your questions on double deck blackjack answered
Sharpen your double deck blackjack skill and win online
Double deck blackjack is not the most common game you will find online or at land-based casinos. However, this is a fun game to play and one that can greatly decrease the house edge to less than 1%. Find those games where blackjack still pays 3 to 2 and you are allowed to split any pairs including aces and then double down if you want. Try your card counting abilities if you want, but rely mostly on optimal double deck blackjack strategy and you will have an excellent chance of making a profit.