We all like gambling online, but we usually forget that just like any other thing we do online, safety is the most important thing to focus on. Safe online gambling experience is of crucial importance: You can get the best bonuses, play the most amazing games, and win hundreds of thousands of dollars. But if the online casino you are playing at is not a secure online casino, none of these matters. And that’s why we decided to prepare a guide about safe online casinos: Below, you will find everything you need to know about an online casino safe gambling experience. We will also show you how to find the safest online casino for any country, like a safe Canadian online casino. Moreover, we will share a couple of online casino safety tips and give you a list of safe online casinos as of 2020. Well, let’s start: Safe online casino sites are waiting for us!
Safe Top Online Casino Sites: Our Secure Online Casino Picks
Below, you can see our secure online casino picks: We chose safe and secure online casinos according to our high standards and guarantee that all of the safe online casinos below offer the safest online gambling experience. We will explain how did we pick these casino online safe websites, and talk more about the common features of safest online casino sites. For now, just enjoy the safe casinos online below: You can become a member today, claim an advantageous bonus, and start playing at a safe and secure internet casino. Don’t forget that we also have safe online casino reviews for these websites, so you can read them to get more information. Without further due, here is our list of safe online casinos:
Our Safe Online Casino Top Picks
If you are looking for more safe casinos, visit our reviews section: Our system will automatically list the safest online casino sites according to your geographical location. No matter which country it is, we can offer you a top online casino safe gambling experience. Are you looking for safe online casino USA sites? Or, maybe, it is an online casino Australia safe gambling experience you are looking for, who knows? Your country is not important: We have a safe online casino site to recommend for every place in the world.
What Is A Safe Online Casino?
“Online casino safety” is a general term and covers a lot of things. So, “are online casinos safe” is not an easy to answer question – this depends on how many things fall under the category of safety. In general, when we say “safe online casino”, we mean three things:
- Safety of yourself
- Safety of the casino website
- Safety of the games
The first one means personal security and safety, which requires using anti-virus software, protecting your PC, and checking a couple of things beforehand to make sure a website is secure enough. The second one is about the integrity of the safe casinos online and their legality. And the last one is about the safety & fairness of the games on it. The most secure online casino is “safe” according to all these standards. Don’t worry, we will explain all of these in detail below. For now, know that safe online casinos are able to offer a legal, fair, and secure environment for playing games; and each of these requires & includes different things. In short, you never ask the question “are online casinos fair” at safe casinos – you already know that they are fair and safe. And below, we will explain how to recognize the most secure online casino.
Common Features Of Safe Casinos
- Safe casinos always work with an independent third party to ensure game fairness;
- Secure internet casino sites encrypt all of their web pages with 128-bit SSL;
- Safe online casino sites are always licensed and the issuer is a reputable agency, such as UKGC;
- Safe online casinos also offer fair services: For example, their bonuses contain reasonable wagering rates.
Finding The Safest Online Casino Sites: What To Look For
We listed the three main features of safe online gambling above, and the last two are about online casino sites: They should be safe and secure before anything else. So, what does this mean, exactly? What are the primary features of safe casinos and how can you recognize them? More importantly, how do we find them and select the safest online casino sites for you? Let’s answer all of these questions by listing the common features of safe online casinos.
Common features of safe online casinos:
- Electronic Gaming License. This is the most important thing of them all: An electronic gaming license is mandatory for safe online casino sites, whether it is a desktop or a safe mobile casino. And not just any license – the license of secure online casino sites should belong to a reputable agency like The United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) or Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). This is the first thing we check: Each and every safe online casino out there (including safe mobile casino sites) is licensed and legal.
- Flawless Website Security. All pages of safe casinos must be protected by SSL. The integrity of the casino safety and security must be secured by a reputable cybersecurity company, like COMODO or Norton. There should be alternative account protection measures at safe secure online casino sites too, such as 2-way authentication. And if you log in from a different IP range, for example, you should be notified about this immediately.
- Fairness-Guaranteed Games. We all like to play the latest and most popular games from top-tier providers, but they should also be fair. Otherwise, all of your efforts will be futile. We check the overall RTP rates of casino online safe games and make sure they get audited by an independent third-party, like eCOGRA. Desktop & mobile casino safety covers game integrity too.
- Being A Member Of A Professional Organization. This is not mandatory but a big plus. A website that is a member of a professional organization (such as IBAS) is able to offer an online casino safe<gambling experience, because these organizations set the safety and security standards in the iGaming industry. The safest online casino sites are always a member of such organizations.
- Fast And Professional Customer Support. No matter how safe and secure an online casino is, you will experience a problem sooner or later – this is normal and expected. The important thing is how quickly it gets resolved and how professional & helpful the support team is. We make sure there are multiple ways to reach customer support of safest online casinos and all of the complaints are resolved within 24 hours.
Top Safe Online Casino List
Online Casino Safety For Yourself: Personal Gambling Security
You can keep asking “are online casinos rigged”, but you should also know that a safe gambling experience starts with you. In other words, before starting to accuse other people, make sure that you are also taking the necessary precautions. This means:
- Check your financial reports. Your bank (or payment provider) will send you financial reports of all our transactions on a regular basis (weekly, monthly, etc.) Most people do not read these but don’t be one of those people: Check all of your financial statements and compare them with your spendings. If you see some transaction you don’t recognize, this may mean that your payment method (credit card, bank account, etc.) may be compromised.
- Don’t click all the links. You will receive lots of emails that seem to originate from “legitimate” companies, including your online casino site. These emails will ask you to visit an external link and enter your username & purpose, just for “verification” issues. Do not click any link that is sent to you by a third-party. It is very easy to create fake emails and this is a very common method of stealing someone’s account credentials.
- Pick different passwords. Using a different password for every website is the smartest thing you can do. If you use the same password for all the websites, you are taking a huge security risk: If it is hacked, all of your accounts get hacked at the same time too. Pick a different password for the safe online casino you are playing at and do not use it anywhere else.
- Activate 2-Way Authentication if possible. If this feature is supported (almost all secure online casinos support it), activate it – it is probably the most secure method of protecting your account. Each time you want to log in, you need to enter a random code created by an app or sent to you by SMS. In theory, MIM (man in the middle) attacks can bypass this security but you are just a gambler: By using 2-way authentication, you will be protected from 99% of the security threats.
- Remember that you have security questions too. Most people don’t take them seriously but they are a potential safety threat. If you pick too simple questions and answers, anybody can “guess” them, no matter you are playing at secure online casinos or not. Don’t pick basic questions if the answers can be found by a simple internet search, such as your graduation year.
You Should Do This
Always Check Your Address Bar
Here is a very simple but also very important tip: Look at the left side of the address bar of your browser and make sure that you are seeing a green lock icon there. This means your connection is encrypted with SSL and secure – your credit card details, for example, are protected from third-parties. You should be seeing this icon on every page and not only on the payments page. If the website does not use SSL, then it is not a safe online casino – immediately stop playing and find some other website to play.
The Basics Of Online Gambling Security: What You Should Know
Ok, you have completed all of the basic safe online gambling precautions and ready to play at the safest online casino sites, so what’s next? During your online gambling journey, you should also:
- Use anti-virus software. If you don’t know how to use them, just pick a good-enough brand like Kaspersky or BitDefender. Do not use free anti-virus software – pay for it. If you know what you are doing, you can use sandbox applications and get an extra level of security.
- Check your links before clicking. “Drive-by downloads” is a huge security threat: Even legitimate-looking websites can infect your PC by visiting them for a couple of seconds. Use anti-virus software to protect your PC and don’t click all the links you see – use caution.
- Backup everything. Create “offline” backups of all your passwords and account credentials. Get a USB stick, create a .txt file, and write all of your confidential information. Store that USB stick in a safe place.
- Pick safe casinos only. Prefer safe, secure, fair, and legal casinos for online gambling. If the casino site has no license, move away immediately. If something seems fishy, stop what you are doing and ask explanations from customer support.
Good To Know
Don’t Hesitate To Ask Others To Find Safe Online Casinos
Finding the most secure online casino is not a “solo” adventure: You need help along the way. Don’t hesitate to look and ask for help on the internet, and always look for a second opinion before deciding how safe an online casino really is. In this regard, remember that we can be your second opinion: We can find the best and safe online casino sites for you, no matter where you live in the world.
Safe Casinos On Mobile
Mobile casino sites exist too and some of the players think that they are entirely different things, just because they run on your mobile devices. Thing is, mobile casinos are still online casinos: What you see on your phone screen is not different than the desktop version. So, all of the casino online safe gambling suggestions in this guide also apply to mobile casinos. In other words, “are online casinos safe” is a question you should ask about mobile casino websites too. Don’t think that “they are already safe” just because you access them from a mobile phone. You should still check SSL, license, fairness, and overall security. As always, we are ready to help you: All of our suggested safe online casinos work on mobile and/or offer a native application for iOS/Android.
Bonuses At Safe Online Casino Sites
The bonus offers of safe casinos are not different than the “other” ones: You still get the no deposit, welcome, reload, and cashback promotions. However, the terms of these bonuses will be fair too. For example, a “regular” online casino can offer you a 400% match rate with 90x wagering. A safe online casino UK, on the other hand, will make the same offer with a 100% match rate and 20x wagering. Now, we are sure that the first offer seems to be the better one because of the high percentage but it is actually the opposite: You will never be able to complete that wagering and this is not a fair bonus. If you deposit 100 EUR and get 400 EUR with this bonus, for example, you still need to wager 36.000 EUR (400 x 90) – do you think that this is fair and doable? In short, safe online casinos make the same bonus offers too, but they have fair and much more reasonable terms & conditions.
Games At Safe Secure Online Casino Sites
Safe online casino games may be a misleading term because the games themselves are always safe. The only problem originates from the “fairness” – you can be sure that a casino game is safe, but can you be also sure that it is fair? For example, you can play the following games at safe online casino sites:
- Roulette: Spin the wheel, predict where the ball will stop, win a prize. The mother of all table games.
- Blackjack: Reach 21 points or a point total higher than the dealer. Blackjack is the king of card games
- Baccarat: Similar to blackjack, but you are trying to reach 9 points this time. The pot can increase very quickly!
- Slots: Spin the wheels, place the same symbols on a pay line – slot machines are the most popular casino game in the world.
As a player, the first thing you will look for is how good these games are – who developed them, how many games can be played in a single category, if they work on mobile devices or not, etc. However, you should also look for how fair they are. Because if they are not, you won’t be able to win anything.
To be honest, this is not something you can check by yourself. Instead, you need to look for the fairness seal of independent third-parties, like eCOGRA, iTechLabs, and TST. These companies test all of the games in a secure internet casino and guarantee that they are fair. You can see their logos at the bottom of the main page and clicking on those logos will open the audition report. Basically, if you see the logo of one of these auditors, you can be sure that the games are fair and you are playing at a secure online casino.
Secure Internet Casino Payments
And of course, a safe online casino should be offering you several payment options and secure each step of the process. As a general rule, we recommend using e-wallets and cryptocurrencies for extra security: They don’t require giving any extra confidential information to the casino operator, and it never learns your credit card number or IBAN number, for example. In this context, these are our recommended payment methods:
The world’s most popular e-wallet service provider – every safe casino has a PayPal account.
Known as “PayPal of safe casinos”, Neteller is another e-wallet service provider focusing on online gambling transactions.
The “cousin” of Neteller. They both belong to the same company and offer almost the same services.
You can, of course, use credit cards and bank transfers too – as long as you are using an SSL connection and the payment itself goes through a third-party processor, there should be no problems. But try to use e-wallets and cryptocurrencies as long as possible: They are cheaper, faster, and more secure.
Customer Support Is Important For A Reliable Online Casino Too
Most players check the quality of customer support the last. In fact, the majority of them do not check whether there is a support service or not. However, high-quality and professional support service is of crucial importance for safe secure online casino sites. A secure online casino website always offers multiple ways to contact customer support and resolves all problems within 24 hours. In addition, the customer representatives are fast, helpful, and professional. We check how good the support system really is in all of our reviews, and we highly recommend you do the same.