When to double down in blackjack is one of the first and most important questions that players need to answer.
There are not many opportunities to perform this action, but when the chance presents itself it’s important to take advantage.
Our Best Online Casino Picks in 2021:
- Get a 100% up to €500 on your first deposit with a minimum deposit of €20
- Get an additional 500 Free Spins when you deposit €55+
- The free spins are released in bundles of 50 free spins per day, over the course of 10 days
- Wagering requirements: 30x
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- First deposit is 500% up to €100
- Second deposit is 400% up to €120 + 50 Free Spins (no wagering)
- Third deposit is 300% up to €120 + 50 Free Spins (no wagering)
- Wagering requirements: x30
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
What does it mean to double down in blackjack?
Knowing when can you double down in blackjack as well as when this action is profitable can increase the odds of winning. If you want to learn how to make money playing blackjack, you should begin by thoroughly understanding the blackjack double down rules.
Top Online Casinos for Playing Blackjack 
Basic blackjack double down rules
This popular game mechanics is available at most online casinos and it is suitable for regular and Bitcoin blackjack.
When to double down in blackjack?
A quick glance at a blackjack double down chart will highlight the card combinations that warrant this move in mobile blackjack. There are three main scenarios that justify the blackjack double down that appear in any online blackjack strategy. These are the situations when you double down blackjack:
When not to double down in blackjack?
Once you learn when to double down in blackjack, you need to pay attention to the exact opposite. You shouldn’t double your bet until you win and instead, act based on what the dealer shows. This is just as important as knowing when to surrender in blackjack, as you need to improve the odds of winning. These are the two situations when the double down blackjack option is a mistake.
How do you double down in blackjack?
- In brick-and-mortar casinos, you can push extra chips on the table, equal to the original stake. This is how to signal double down in blackjack. Remember to place the extra chips next to the original stack not on top of that as that is frowned upon by the dealers.
- At online casinos you simply push a button
Learning how to double down in blackjack is easy, but what’s more important is to know when you are allowed to do it. Can you double down on a split is one of the common questions. Luckily, the answer is “Yes” and this includes pairs, so you can get a real edge if the dealer has a weak card. So keep in mind that you can split in blackjack and double down at most casinos to increase the odds of winning.
Can you double down on a blackjack? The answer is obviously “No”, as you already have the best possible hand and there is no way to improve it. It is also prohibited to double down after hitting, so once you get the third card you can’t increase the stakes anymore. This is just as important as understanding what is double down in blackjack because there are certain limitations that apply at the table.
Pros and cons of doubling down in blackjack
- You can win twice as much on a strong hand
- Increases the odds of winning in the long run
- Makes blackjack far more exciting at all stakes
- You risk losing twice as much if your hand doesn’t improve
- You only get to draw one additional card and can’t hit more
FAQs; Your questions on blackjack double down answered
Master the art of doubling down in blackjack
Knowing when to double down in blackjack can make the difference between a marginal and losing and marginal winning player. Understanding the blackjack double down meaning is easy and there are only a few instances when this mechanic should be used. Online, you can use a blackjack chart and play the numbers, without having to improvise at all. Don’t chase losses and don’t get greedy because if you do, the double down blackjack will backfire. Play it safe and you’ll increase the odds of long-term winning.