Do you take insurance in blackjack? As a blackjack player, you will come across this question often from other players. But what does insurance mean in blackjack? If you are not sure in blackjack what is insurance or how to use it to your profit, we will explore all these answers in these rules. In this way, you will better learn how to make money playing blackjack.
Read our detailed guide for blackjack insurance rules and when it is profitable to take them. Keep in mind that they also apply for Canadian Blackjack, too.
- 1How Blackjack Insurance Work
- 2Our Best Online Casinos To Play Blackjack
- 3Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack - The Expected Value Of Returns
- 4When Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack?
- 5Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack For Better Odds?
- 6Advantages And Disadvantages Of Insurance Betting
- 7Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack – Verdict
Our top casino picks where you can play Blackjack:
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
Register today at Pulp Casino, make your first deposit of a minimum €20, and receive up to €4000
- 1st deposit: 50% up to €1000 or 100% up to €500 + 100 Free Spins;
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €300;
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €500;
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €200.
How Blackjack Insurance Work
Our Best Online Casinos To Play Blackjack
Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack - The Expected Value Of Returns
The side bet is played indecently from the main wager. Even if you lose the side bet, you can still win the main one and payout at a 2 to 1 rate. If the dealer gets a ten making a blackjack, you get €2 for every €1 you have invested. If you won the insurance bet and lost the main hand, you have won more than expected.
On the other hand, when the dealer does not have black jack insurance bet, the play continues as usual, and you can still win the main bet.
If you want to take the insurance bet, you have to bet at least half of the main wager you have placed. So, if your original bet was $20, you have to make an insurance bet of $10.
The player can also choose the insurance bet when they have blackjack, which is called having even money.
When Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack?
Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack For Better Odds?
The exact odds of winning the insurance bet won’t always stay equal. It will vary depending on how many decks are on the table, and how many ten cards have been dealt with.
Now, card counters can keep track of this and leverage the situation to make a profit out of this bet. However, for others, the odds are not very good. Especially since the decks get shuffled at every turn when you are playing in an online casino.
How many decks do casinos use in blackjack will also influence the house edge and the odds of winning. The house advantage on a single deck blackjack game is 0.17%, 0.46% for a double deck blackjack game, but that becomes 0.66% when eight decks are being used. The odds are just not worth it to play when there is such a huge house edge unless you know for sure what chance there is of the dealer to make a blackjack, and this is something that only advanced card counters can accomplish.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Insurance Betting
- Can boost your winning amount when played strategically.
- It’s a safety net against other blackjacks.
- Good when there are fewer decks on the board.
- Good if there are more faces and ten cards on the deck.
- Not worth the trouble if you have too many decks.
- Has a negative expected return in most cases.
- High house edge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Take Insurance In Blackjack – Verdict
This is a mixed bag. If you are playing for a long time and taking the insurance bet at every chance available, you can end up losing more money than you are expecting, and even at a very small fractional percentage, they still add up.
On the other hand, if you are a high roller and know when your hand is working, not taking the insurance bet might be a mistake. Take the best call, play in casinos that are fair and regulated, and have fun, because blackjack insurance depends on your hand and caliber. Before you start playing you can also read the “ is video blackjack rigged? “article. But wait, this is not all, you can also learn valuable information about live blackjack on mobile if you want to be a professional gambler in 2022.