Horn Bet Craps is a bet split between the numbers 2,3,11,12 which means that a $4 horn bet is basically a bet of $1 on each of the numbers. These are single-roll bets like craps hop bets.
To answer what is a hop bet in craps, one must understand that it is a bet where the dice would land on two numbers of the punter’s choice. 15-1 is paid if the numbers are different and 30-1 when one bet on the numbers to be the same.
Horn bets are placed in the center of the table’s layout by the stickman and are accepted at any point of the game. Craps horn bet allows a player to have a combined wager of four individual wagers.
Experienced punters prefer to incorporate their horn bets into their betting patterns in order to have diversified gameplay. However, newbies must avoid any experimentation due to this being a high-risk bet. The main advantage of this bet is the single roll on the dice which avoids having to wait for dice throws.
Our best casino picks where you can play Craps:
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Get a 100% up to €500 on your first deposit with a minimum deposit of €20
- Get an additional 500 Free Spins when you deposit €55+
- The free spins are released in bundles of 50 free spins per day, over the course of 10 days
- Wagering requirements: 30x
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €100 + 100 free spins
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘2DEP’
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200. Bonus code: ‘3DEP’
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘4DEP’
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
How To Make A Horn Bet?
Horn bets cover all the 3 craps numbers, specifically 2,3,11,12. It is a combination bet which results in making 4 wagers on each of the winning numbers. Punters usually bet amounts that are divisible by 4. Horn bets usually highlight certain unique aspects of the overall craps strategy.
- Like proposition bets, one must ask for a horn bet and toss the chips to the stickman or inform about the chosen number to the inside dealer
- One can bet on any amount on the horn. When 3 or 11 appears on the dice, the bet is multiplied by 3 and paid out to the punter.
- When 2 or 12 rolls on the dice, the bet is multiplied by 6.75 and paid out
Top 20 Online Casinos Where You Can Play Craps
Odds, House Edge And Probability For Horn Bets
Horn High And World Bets
High horn is a type of horn bet. The main difference between the two lies at the stake on one of the four numbers which are doubled for the players to place five individual bets and not four.
Thus, craps money management explains that instead of placing a $20 bet with $5 bets on four numbers, one gets to put $25 on five individual bets. Therefore, $10 is placed on 12, and $15 is distributed equally to numbers 2,3,11. If the dice rolls a 12, the punter wins twice his investment. But, if the dice rolls out any other number, then the punter loses his entire stake of $25.
Horn High and world bets are for increments of $5. When a punter bets on a horn-high number 12, the number holds $12 along with $1 on 2,3,11. One has to call out ‘ Horn High ’ and decide which number among 2,3,11,12 gets that extra $1.
For world bets, one has $1 on 2,3,7,11 and 12. The stickman tells the inside dealer what to pay to the punter. The original bet stays up for the next roll and one can take it down if desired.
Is The Horn Bet A Bargain For Craps Players?
Pros And Cons Of Horn Bets In Craps
Winnings rely on the overall pros and cons of the bets offered.
- It is a one-roll bet which eliminates the waiting period for punters for the dice rolls, irrelevant to their bet to pass.
- Horn bets can be placed at any stage of the game and are accepted throughout
- Although payoffs for horn bets can be decent in certain casinos, the house edge is more than 12%
- Due to the high house edge, the chances of winning are very less. Thus, better bets like craps pass line bets are suggested where one wins if the come-out roll is 7 or 11
Horn Bet In Craps FAQ
Horn bets are found in the middle of the craps table where the other proposition bets lie, unlike street craps which do not need a table. The street craps rules involve punters making wagers on the outcome of craps dice combinations. The wagers are made against the money that punters put up against one another.