While learning how to play craps online or in live craps, it is important to have an understanding of the variety of bets including craps put bet which we are about to discuss in this article.
Craps put bet is a pass bet placed on a roll which is not a come out. It was not long ago when this bet was almost obliterated but the casinos decided to offer a higher number of odds in order to get punters to choose put bet over others.
The bet is essential to know about in order to design the craps field strategy.
Our top casino picks where you can play Craps:
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
About Craps Put Bet
Top 20 Online Casinos Where You Can Play Craps
House Edge and Odds of Craps Put Bet Explained
For every point made, the house earns an edge that varies according to bets. Like all other bets namely don’t come bets, horn bets in craps, craps field bet, craps hardways bet, craps flat bet, craps pass line bet, put bets in craps pay money and it is even like pass bets. Since the money that is paid is less than true odds, the house edge for a put bet is 9.1% for 6 and 8 and as high as 20% for 5 or 9. It gets unbelievably high (33.3%) for 4 and 10.
What plays a major determining factor in the house edge is the come-out roll the lack of which can make a major difference. If a pass bet is placed before come out, the house edge is at 1.41 percent. With the come-out percentage as mentioned, opting for a put bet should be avoided. It is possible to support the put bets with free odds just like one can do for pass bets.
Lowering the house edge needs a bet that is over the table minimum. People should stick to pass line craps in their craps tournament if they have a limited amount in their bankroll to play with.
When to use Craps Put Bet
The even break multiplier is an important strategy to never miss out on at a craps table.
Opting for a bet of $30 will give a profit of $42 if the player wins. Whereas, breaking the $30 into $10 and $20 with 2x odds, will give a payout of $10 on flat and additionally $30 on odds resulting in a total payout of $40. Since the multiplier was not big enough, the punter loses $2 on the same amount of bet, which makes it essential for us to know the even break multiplier which encourages players to make the odds at least 5 times the points of 5, 6, 8 and 9 and avoiding the put on 4 and 10. Although it is not a rule written on stone, it will save a punter from facing major loss.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Put Bet
Just like every coin has two sides there are advantages and disadvantages of every possible thing.
- Put bet allows the player to select the number they are willing to bet on, giving a sense of freedom to the gamblers, especially the hunch players or superstitious players. Also, the punters who are believers of trend value, for them it is a chance to take advantage of
- Many casinos increase the odds of this bet in order to re popularise it
- Oftentimes the craps dealers are not well versed in put bet which can create major problems around the game
- Some casinos may not even allow put bets to be placed by a punter
- It is a sort of hidden bet and unknown to most beginners
- This type of bet requires a steady bankroll without which a punter might not even taste profits in the entire game
Frequently Asked Questions about Craps Put Bet
There are plenty of other bets that are equivalent but more advantageous than craps put bets, especially in craps for beginners. We will discuss top topics like street craps, street craps rules, and don’t pass bet craps in some other article.