The options for wagering that are available in plenty in case of craps is one of the reasons that makes it so popular among punters in the craps hop bets strategy. In a craps table, there are several preselected sections exclusive to different betting options on the layout.
It helps players differentiate bets that they are interested in. Apart from two similar sections on two sides, the center is for all players at the table. The variations offered in craps be it craps online or offline are enough to suit the taste of each type.
A type of bet that is familiar to every experienced punter is the hop bet which enables them to hop among numbers. Although this option is not available in the layout of a table of craps, players are well aware that they are allowed to make that wager irrespective of that.
This bet remains hidden unless a punter becomes regular at the table which adds to the mystery and excitement of the game. It does carry some sort of similarity with craps hardways bet, but once a punter wins, the chances of making profits out of payouts are higher.
Our top casino picks where you can play Craps:
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- Day 1: 100% up to €/$1000 deposit bonus and 15 free spins in Fruit party.
- Day 2: 15 free spins in Joker Bombs.
- Day 3: 20 free spins in Rise Of Olympus
- Day 4: 25 free spins in Reactoonz
- Day 5: 25 free spins in Book Of Dead
- Wagering requirements: 35x
- Minimum deposit: €20
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
About Hop Bets
Whenever a punter wishes on placing a bet on two specific digits, it forms a combination for the following roll of dice which is called hopping on a bet. For instance, if a punter chooses to bet on numbers 3 and 1 he can say “3-1 hopping” or “3-1 on the hop”.
This one is a one-roll bet and hence it can be only thrown once. The above instance can result in two combinations namely 3-1 and 1-3. Hops can be of two types, soft hop which can be a combination of two numbers while hard hops are a combination of two identical numbers making a combination.
Top 20 online casinos where you can play craps
When to Make Craps Hop Bets and How
Considering the craps house edge often gives out the answer when in a dilemma regarding placing a particular bet. The second point to consider is the payout. When a player is trying to maximize the winning amount, he should opt for a soft hop as this increases the chances of getting so.
This is because the easy hop consists of two different digits and hence, there are two different ways to roll instead of one that increases the chances of a come-out roll is a successful one. Hop bets can be placed before any roll out but it occurs rarely on the come-out roll.
In order to make this bet, the chips have to be placed on the layout of craps table and the player has to instruct the craps dealer about which type of hop bet he is opting for, much unlike craps put bet, don’t come bet, Craps field bet, craps pass line bet, Don’t pass Bet craps and so on.
Post the following roll, the dealer pays off the win; if the punter loses, the chips go to the house.
People can also choose to bet on a total of 2 dice as a single roll bet. In this case, one has to give the dealer about total and instruct him about the hop bet during live craps.
About House Edge and Odds of Craps Hop Bet
Strategies for Incorporating Craps Hop Bets
To understand craps strategy has to be one of the preliminary steps for beginners to comprehend how to win at craps. Opting for hop bets is not everyone’s cup of tea. There are plenty of other bets with lower house edges that guarantee higher chances of winning. Hop bets are usually selected by players to score big on a single bet.
Although the best bets are the one that offers a chance to make profits in the long run, this bet is something that enables punters to win big at one shot if the luck favors. Hunch players are the ones who are driven by impulse and instinct and mostly they are the ones to opt for a quick shot hoping for a quick win using hop bets. Oftentimes regular punters would go for the hop bets in order to add some fun element to their game.
It comes in handy when someone is trying to amplify their bankroll using hop bets of smaller amounts. It is not a part of a strategy that ensures long-term profit. We will discuss street craps rules and horn bets in craps in some other article.
Difference of Combination between Hard Hop and Easy Hop
As mentioned before there are two variants of craps hop bets one can choose according to the progression of the game and the level of expertise. Between hard and easy hop bets is the combination of the two numbers selected by the punter.
Both are one-roll bets and selected by punters who are willing to take risks in order to spice up their game. While the hard hop contains a combination of two identical numbers, the easy hops are a combination of two different numbers.
Pros and Cons of Craps Hop Bets
Hop bets are not widely used by beginners and are mostly placed in order to get over the monotony of regular profit-seeking bets.
- Enables punters to choose various combinations and even identical digit combinations.
- Spices up the table that lack risk-taking moves from players.
- The winner gets a massive amount as the payoff from hardware hopping.
- It is quite swift since Hardway hops are a single roll bet while regular Hardway bets are quite time-taking as it requires several following bets.
- Suggested for people with a unique rolling style.
- The odds of easy hop bets are 17-1 while that of the hard hops are 35-1.
- Can drain bankroll in a jiffy if the player is not having enough in his bankroll. Hence a risky bet.
- Beginners are suggested to stay away from hops.
If someone is carefully invested in craps money management he might not opt for this bet on the first go but it has a high-risk high return tendency attached to it. It might not be a part of a beginner’s craps field strategy but can definitely turn the game upside down once a punter wins be it in craps app, street craps, or basic casino craps. Craps hop bets are not more advantageous than craps flat bets, come line craps in the long run.