Craps is a popular casino game and those who take the time to learn the rules can be fairly successful.
In this guide we shall teach you how to win at craps and which craps strategy for beginners works best.
We discuss the craps house edge, various systems that work and effective tips and tricks.
We look at the basic concepts before dwelling on advanced craps strategy to help you master the popular game of chance.
top 10 Online Casinos Where You Can Play Craps - Updated List 2021
Standard craps strategy for beginners
The best craps strategy is usually the easiest one to learn by casual punters. If you want to learn how to play craps for beginners, these are the few things to consider. We focus on the pass line, the don’t pass line bets and highlight the importance of proper craps money management.
- Craps pass line bet strategy – the craps pass line bet strategy is one that can be used in single games as well as a craps tournament. It focuses on the come line craps bet and it pays 1:1 while having a house edge of 1.40%. You win if the dice lands on 7 or 11, two of the common craps dice combinations. It is a low risk craps strategy that is recommended for beginners.
- Don’t pass bet craps strategy – this craps betting strategy won’t make you friends at the table. You bet against the shooter, which doesn’t make you very popular but the house edge is still low. You win if the dice lands on 2 or 3 and lose on 7 and 11. This basic craps strategy has a twist if a point is thrown, as players make the don’t come bet. The don’t pass bet craps payout is 1:1 and the same low house edge of 1.46% applies. This is much better than what other games pay.
- Money management strategy – this is not a system itself and definitely not something to teach you how to win at craps every time. It is nevertheless an important lesson in craps for beginners and one that should be mastered as soon as possible. If you want to learn how to win at craps with a small bankroll, proper money management is needed. Whether you use the don’t come bet system or the standard craps pass line bet a money management system is mandatory.
Advanced craps strategies to try online
Craps strategy for pros and veteran players
Veteran players can try an automatic craps strategy that will light their path on how to win at craps. Expert players usually stay away from horn bets in craps, as well as the craps field bet and craps hardways bet, due to the high house edge. Instead of gambling with craps hop bets or a high paying wagers such as the craps flat bet, they simply increase the stakes. A casino craps strategy based on higher stakes is preferable to a simple craps strategy that focuses on the top paying bets.
- 3 Point Molly Strategy – is an aggressive system that can teach you how to win big at craps. Players bet on 7 or 11 and then bet maximum odds on the point and the come bet on the table. In case the shooter doesn’t land 7, 11 or Point, punters place another come bet. At this stage of the game, this craps winning strategy will have bets on point, come bet and past line. Players keep betting on 7, 11 or Point, so they have three number bets in play at any time.
- Iron Cross Craps Strategy – a popular craps field strategy that is used in both street craps and in online casinos. Basically, you bet on all the numbers except for 7 which leads to frequent winnings. If you want to learn quickly how to win at playing craps and are familiar with basic street craps rules, this is a good choice. It is perfect for one-off bets, which makes it ideal for those who have just learned craps rules and strategy.
How to pick the best craps strategy for you
Choose a system that works for you and your level of knowledge. If you’re a casual punter, then look for how to win at craps for beginners strategies. Exercise bankroll management when playing any game, but especially when using a craps tournament strategy. Whatever system you end up choosing, give it a try at free money tables. Download craps apps from casinos that allow you to test the game on virtual currency, to get a better understanding of craps rules and strategy.
Low-Risk systems for casual punters
The best craps strategy for casual punters is the one focusing on bets with a low house edge. Pass Line/Don’t Pass wagers are recommended if you want to bet on the minimum limit. When you have a small bankroll, this is precisely what needs to be done to stay afloat while you learn.
The return to player is nearly 99%, so if you want to learn how to win at craps table, begin with this bets. If you lay the odds the casino will have virtually no advantage, which can’t be said when playing most games of chance.
Tips and Tricks on winning at craps
Frequently Asked Questions on Craps Strategy
Improve your gaming session with an effective craps strategy
You can find a craps strategy for beginners, advanced players and veterans. Choose the one that is suitable to your level of skill and experience and it will help you increase the profit margins. Remember that the game still depends on chance and you need to be patient and bet sensible amounts. Use proper bankroll management and you will be successful in the long run, while avoiding heartbreaking losses.