Pass line bet in craps is a narrow long bar that wraps around other bets at the end of the table corners. This makes it accessible to the punters at live craps tables.
This bet is one of the most commonly used wagers in craps online. It is a self-service bet where the punters make the bets themselves and don’t have to wait for the dealer’s help to place their chips on the table.
Pass line bet in craps is also known as a line bet since the chips of the punters can be placed on a large line area on the layout of the table.
This bet is popular in both brick and mortar casinos and online casinos due to the craps strategy being relatively simple. Other bets in craps include don’t come bet, come line craps, hop bets, horn bets in craps, craps field bet.
However, Craps field strategy relies on a single roll, and the wager is made on 2,3,4,9,10,11,12.
Our top casino picks where you can bet on craps:
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €100 + 100 free spins
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘2DEP’
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200. Bonus code: ‘3DEP’
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘4DEP’
Register today at Pulp Casino, make your first deposit of a minimum €20, and receive up to €4000
How To Make A Pass Line Bet?
Pass line bets are made by the players themselves. Casino punters place their chips on the pass line section of the table which is right in front of them. Craps tournament strategy suggests that it is a simple bet where punters put wagers on the probability of rolling a 7 or 11 by the shooter and if the prediction is right, the bet wins. How to win at craps can be understood by the pass line numbers 7, 11, and 2,3,12 which are considered natural because if one of them is thrown on the come-out roll, there is an immediate win or loss on the pass line bet.
- Pass line bets rely on the prediction of the possible outcome and always pay even money which is 1 to 1.
- Once the shooter comes out on a point; the punters cannot remove their bets or reduce the amounts until it wins.
- The actual odds of pass line bet in craps are 251:244 of the winning bet.
- The house edge for pass line bets are 1.31% per bet and per resolved bet which equals 0.42% for a roll which is quite low a house edge
- Certain casinos provide punters with double or triple craps pass line bet odds
Top 20 Online Casinos Where You Can Play Craps 2022
Pass Line Bets Vs Don’t Pass Bets
Possible Outcomes Of The Pass Line Bet
There are 3 possible outcomes on the pass line bet.
- Wagers on a 7 or 11 on the roll which is a winning bet
- Wagers on craps numbers 2,3,12 which leads to a loss
- Wagers on the point numbers 4,5,5,8,9,10 which would make the shooter roll the same point number as they did before 7 was rolled for winning
- 7 is the most probable number to roll out in the Pass line bet.
Craps Pass Line Odds And House Edge
Pass line bet in craps has the lowest house edge of 1.41% which makes it one of the best craps bets. It has the highest odds of landing which is 251 to 244. This is one of the best bets for craps money management. The payout odds are 1 to 1.
The actual house edge of a casino on craps flat bet does not change. Putting more in odds and less on the line lowers the overall house edge.
Tips/Tricks Of Craps Pass Line Bets
- Stick to the pass in order to play a game with only 1.42% house edge
Pros And Cons Of Craps Pass The Line Bet
- Low house edge bet of 1.41% and is easy to learn among more than 40 types of bets
- A good bet for playing light and not losing too much money
- The two-phase nature of this bet makes it difficult to calculate the house edge at times
- Pass line bets could be in play for 1 roll or 100 rolls
Frequently Asked Questions on Craps Pass Line
Pass Line wager is the most straightforward and fundamental craps bet. About 90% of craps players on the table opt for this bet irrespective of being a novice or an experienced player.