There are all sorts of blackjack games that you can play online, and Canadian Blackjack is just one of them.
In this review, we will explore the Canadian rules for blackjack and see how the game compares to other popular blackjack variants commonly found at online casinos.
If you are ready to get started learning a new and exciting way to play one of the world’s most popular card games, read on to find out more.
Our Best Casino Picks
- Get a 100% up to €500 on your first deposit with a minimum deposit of €20
- Get an additional 500 Free Spins when you deposit €55+
- The free spins are released in bundles of 50 free spins per day, over the course of 10 days
- Wagering requirements: 30x
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- First deposit is 500% up to €100
- Second deposit is 400% up to €120 + 50 Free Spins (no wagering)
- Third deposit is 300% up to €120 + 50 Free Spins (no wagering)
- Wagering requirements: x30
Register with Betwinner today and receive an exlusive welcome bonus of up to €390!
- Use the promo code: ANALYZE
- Minimum deposit required: €1
- Wagering requirements: 28x
- Bonus is not available for customers with cryptocurrency accounts
Your guide to Canadian Blackjack in 2021
Each variant will use its own number of decks, as well. How many decks do casinos use in blackjack? In Canadian Blackjack, between six and eight decks are used, and the house edge is typically a touch lower than in mainstream blackjack games. Of course, if you can come across a single deck version of Canadian Blackjack, you should snap that up, as it makes card counting easier.
In terms of the rule changes in Canadian Blackjack, the game is based on Classic Blackjack rules. However, where it differs from Classic and European Blackjack is that there is a Peek Rule involved. This rule stipulates that if the dealer has an Ace or a Ten in the hand, they will secretly check their hole card (second card) to see if they have blackjack. If the dealer has this, the player loses instantly, unless they also happen to have a blackjack. If this occurs, the hand is deemed to push.
As bizarre as this sounds, this is surprisingly beneficial for the player, as it ensures that you do not needlessly split or double down. A similar type of experience can be had when playing Blackjack: Early Surrender, provided you know when to surrender in blackjack.
Top 20 online casinos where you can play Canadian Blackjack 
How to play Canadian Blackjack
Canadian Blackjack rules are not that different to understand. As you will now know from above, there are only subtle differences between this game and other games.
You will still need to understand basic blackjack money management, you can still use a Basic Strategy chart to improve your game, and you still need to know the answer to “do you take insurance in blackjack?”. The answer is usually no.
The gameplay itself is not really any different from playing other types of online blackjack in Canada. Like so:
Pros and cons of Canadian Blackjack
Canadian Blackjack is largely filled with pros and few cons. Even so, it is worth having a quick look at all the positive and negative aspects of the game.
- One of many mobile blackjack games you can play
- Has a slightly reduced house edge compared to its rivals
- Suitable for players who are nervous about splitting or doubling down
- Seldom offered as a major Canadian live blackjack game
- Essentially a fork of Blackjack: Early Surrender
Frequently Asked Questions about Canadian Blackjack:
If you still have questions about Canadian Blackjack, we will do our best to answer those below.
Get started playing Canadian Blackjack online today
We like to think that we have covered Canadian Blackjack well enough for you to start betting straight away. If you are looking for a decent $5 minimum deposit casino in Canada, Trustly Casinos in Canada, or simply want to play at any generic but top Canadian Blackjack sites, we have got plenty of domains to recommend.
On top of that, have a read of our online casino strategy for blackjack and our blackjack tournament strategy guides to improve and hone your blackjack skills before betting at our recommended casinos.