There are all sorts of blackjack games that you can play online, and Canadian Blackjack is just one of them.
While European Blackjack and Spanish 21 may represent some of the most played variants online (check Spanish 21 vs Blackjack to see the main differences between the two games), there are reasons why it may be worth learning how to play Canadian Blackjack.
In this review, we will explore the Canadian rules for blackjack, explain when to hit or stand, and see how the game compares to other popular blackjack variants, such as no bust blackjack commonly found at online casinos.
If you are ready to get started learning a new and exciting way to play one of the world’s most popular card games, read on to find out more.
Our Best Casino Picks
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €100 + 100 free spins
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘2DEP’
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200. Bonus code: ‘3DEP’
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘4DEP’
Register today at Pulp Casino, make your first deposit of a minimum €20, and receive up to €4000
Your guide to Canadian Blackjack in 2022
Each variant will use its own number of decks, as well. How many decks do casinos use in blackjack? In Canadian Blackjack, between six and eight decks are used, and the house edge is typically a touch lower than in mainstream blackjack games. Of course, if you can come across a single deck version of Canadian Blackjack, you should snap that up, as it makes card counting easier.
In terms of the rule changes in Canadian Blackjack, the game is based on Classic Blackjack rules. However, where it differs from Classic and European Blackjack is that there is a Peek Rule involved. This rule stipulates that if the dealer has an Ace or a Ten in the hand, they will secretly check their hole card (second card) to see if they have blackjack. If the dealer has this, the player loses instantly, unless they also happen to have a blackjack. If this occurs, the hand is deemed to push.
As bizarre as this sounds, this is surprisingly beneficial for the player, as it ensures that you do not needlessly split or double down in blackjack. A similar type of experience can be had when playing Blackjack: Early Surrender, provided you know when to surrender in blackjack.
Top 20 online casinos where you can play Canadian Blackjack 
How to play Canadian Blackjack
Canadian Blackjack rules are not that different to understand. As you will now know from above, there are only subtle differences between this game and other games.
You will still need to understand basic blackjack money management, you can still use a basic blackjack cheat sheet to improve your game, and you still need to know the answer to “do you take insurance in blackjack?”. The answer is usually no.
The gameplay itself is not really any different from playing other types of online blackjack in Canada. Like so:
Pros and cons of Canadian Blackjack
Canadian Blackjack is largely filled with pros and few cons. Even so, it is worth having a quick look at all the positive and negative aspects of the game.
- One of many mobile blackjack games you can play
- Has a slightly reduced house edge compared to its rivals
- Suitable for players who are nervous about splitting or doubling down
- Seldom offered as a major Canadian live blackjack game
- Essentially a fork of Blackjack: Early Surrender
Frequently Asked Questions about Canadian Blackjack:
If you still have questions about Canadian Blackjack, we will do our best to answer those below.
Get started playing Canadian Blackjack online today
We like to think that we have covered Canadian Blackjack well enough for you to start betting straight away. If you are looking for a decent $5 minimum deposit casino in Canada, Trustly Casinos in Canada, or simply want to play at any generic but top Canadian Blackjack sites, we have got plenty of domains to recommend.
On top of that, have a read of our online casino strategy for blackjack and our blackjack tournament strategy guides to improve and hone your blackjack skills before betting at our recommended casinos.