If you are looking for an easy-to-play variant of classic blackjack, double exposure blackjack may be one of your best options. The rules of this variant are straightforward, and it is possible to see both cards of the dealer right from the start.
In other words, you can make the “blackjack hit or stand” decision much easier. In this article, we will explain what is double exposure blackjack, talk about the basic strategy for double exposure blackjack, and give several examples.
More importantly, we will answer the “can you win double exposure blackjack” question once and for all. Let’s start with the basics: What is the origin of this casino game?
- 1What is double exposure blackjack game?
- 2Double exposure blackjack odds, payouts, and house edge
- 3Double exposure blackjack online rules
- 4Playing double exposure blackjack variants
- 5Tips & tricks to play double exposure blackjack
- 6What to really expect from double exposure blackjack game
- 7Blackjack double exposure FAQ
Our Best Online Casino Picks for Double Exposure Blackjack Games
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
Register today at Cashwin and get this amazing welcome package: Up to €1750 + 50 Free Spins
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
What is double exposure blackjack game?
Like all other popular casino games, blackjack has several variants. And no, we are not talking about high limit blackjack, Bitcoin blackjack, live dealer blackjack, or mobile blackjack: These are not variants. A variant offers additional rules/bets while using the basic ruleset and changes the house edge/RTP (player’s expected return) ratios.
Multihand blackjack is a variant, for example, because it lets you play with multiple hands at the same time. Likewise, games that offer a blackjack side bet are also variants because they add a new outcome to bet on. The main rules are still the same, but the gameplay is much more dynamic.
Best online casinos for playing Double Exposure Blackjack in 2023
Double exposure blackjack odds, payouts, and house edge
The double exposure blackjack RTP is 99.33% in general. In other words, double exposure blackjack house edge is 0.67%. Note that the house edge is around 0.35% in classic blackjack. This means, in the long run, double exposure blackjack odds will be slightly worse, but still much better than most of the casino games such as roulette and slots.
All payouts in the game are even money (1:1).
Double exposure blackjack online rules
So, how to play double exposure blackjack? As mentioned above, the basic rules are the same: You are still trying to reach 21 points and/or beat the dealer. The card values are the same too. If you already know how to play blackjack, you can start playing double exposure blackjack in seconds. Here is how it goes:
So, the basic rules are the same. However, there are four important rule differences between double exposure and classic blackjack:
Note that some variants may slightly change these rules. For example, there are some blackjack double exposure variants out there that allow you to split multiple times. However, the dealer will always win all ties, his cards will always be open, and all payouts will be even money: These differences will never change.
Playing double exposure blackjack variants
Popular variants of casino games have their own variants as well. This also applies to double exposure blackjack: Several developers offer variants of this game with slightly different gameplay & rules. The most common ones are:
Double Exposure Blackjack Netent
The RTP of this variant is set at 99.75%, which is a respectable figure. The minimum bet value is 1.00 and the maximum bet limit is 40.00, which means the game can suit any budget. Splitting is allowed only once and you can only double 9, 10, or 11s. The dealer must stand on soft 17.
Blackjack Double Exposure Multihand
This one is developed by Microgaming. 8 decks are used, and the dealer must hit on soft 17. You can only split if the first two cards are 9, 10, or 11. However, it is possible to split up to three times. You can play 5 hands all at once, this is why it is called “multi-hand”.
Face Up 21
If you are looking for the classic double exposure blackjack Las Vegas experience, this one will be a pretty good option. It is played with 6 decks and the dealer must stand on soft 17. The RTP rate of the game is 99.25% and you are only allowed to double down on 9, 10, and 11.
Double Exposure Blackjack Pragmatic Play
Another classic variant that offers an RTP rate of 99.69%. The game uses 8 decks in total and the dealer must hit on soft 17. You are allowed to double down after a split. Speaking of which, you can only split Aces and 10s.
Tips & tricks to play double exposure blackjack
The basic strategy for playing blackjack double exposure is simple:
👉 Always hit if the dealer has 20 in total.
👉 Always double your initial wager if you have 11 or lower and the dealer has 14-16.
👉 Always stand if you have 17-20 (unless the dealer has the same total – remember that the dealer wins all ties)
👉 Always split Aces (unless the dealer has 11, 17, or a point total higher than yours)
👉 Learn blackjack hand signals, when playing with a live dealer
In addition to these simple strategies, we can also suggest the following:
👉 Use a blackjack cheat sheet if you are a beginner. You don’t need a specific double exposure blackjack chart: You can continue using our cheat sheet for single deck blackjack and double deck blackjack, based on how many decks are used.
👉 The most important online blackjack strategy is money management: basically, make sure to learn how to spend your bankroll. The best thing you can do is create “units” and use them on different wagers. Read our blackjack money management guide for more info.
What to really expect from double exposure blackjack game
- Very easy to learn & play
- Both cards of the dealer are open
- You can continue to use classic blackjack strategies
- All payouts are even money
- The house edge is slightly worse
Blackjack double exposure FAQ
Start with double exposure blackjack online free
Test our double exposure blackjack strategy examples on free games and continue playing for real money once you find the best tactics & systems that work for you. We have dozens of recommended online casino sites for you to play blackjack double exposure or other variants, including no bust blackjack, and each one offers a bonus. However, if you are really a beginner, make sure to read our other guides first, such as how to make money playing blackjack and when to double down in blackjack. In any case, we are sure that you will start winning big payouts in no time: Good luck!