Baccarat is such a popular card game that even variants have variants. For example, punto banco is one of the most common variants out there and there are lots of games based on it, mini baccarat being the most popular one. This game is especially popular in Asian casinos and offers faster gameplay.
More importantly, you can still get the same big payouts and there is no need to re-learn the rules: If you know how to play baccarat (or live baccarat), you already know how to play mini-baccarat too. And if you don’t, don’t worry: We prepared this online baccarat casino guide to teach you everything you need to know.
Top online casinos to play mini baccarat (2021 updated list)
Rules of mini baccarat
Mini baccarat rules are exactly the same as regular baccarat. The same goes for mini baccarat scoring: There is no difference. So, why is it called mini baccarat? Well, this is because:
However, the main rules are exactly the same: Mini baccarat is still being played between a player and a banker, and there are three betting options you can use: player wins, banker wins, and tie.
(While there can be some mini baccarat side bets or mini baccarat bonus bets in some games, these options will always be available.) The goal is to reach 9 points in total or beat the opponent’s point. Each card has a different point in mini-baccarat:
9 is the highest point you can get and if the total is higher than this, the left digit is removed. So, for example, if you get 8 and 4, the total is 12. However, since it is higher than 9, we remove the left digit: This hand is actually worth 2 points. Note that card scoring is always the same in all baccarat variants (i.e. baccarat chemin de fer, baccarat banque, super pan 9, etc.) and it never changes.
How to play mini baccarat?
Player Drawing Rules
Player's first two cards
Banker Drawing Rules
Banker's first two cards
Mini baccarat strategies & systems
- Baccarat card counting is not that effective: We recommend using the regular blackjack strategy and systems, such as baccarat attack strategy and baccarat martingale. Check our 1324 baccarat strategy review to start: It will be much more useful than mini baccarat card counting.
- Mini baccarat odds always favor the banker. So, the best mini baccarat strategy (or baccarat system, in general) you can use is to bet on the banker.
- Likewise, stay away from the tie bet: It has the lowest winning chance.
- Do not waste your time by looking for mini baccarat cheats: They don’t exist.
Should you play mini baccarat at casino?
- The rules are the same
- There are lots of side bets
- You can use the same strategies
- The banker is always the same person
- The player cannot touch the cards
Mini baccarat online FAQ
Join a mini baccarat tournament today & win big
With the right mini baccarat tournament strategy, you can win really big: Check our tips and tricks above. We already picked the best online baccarat casino sites for you so all you need to do is choosing one & registering today.
In addition to mini-baccarat, you can also try lots of different variants such as three card baccarat, baccarat squeeze, and no commission baccarat. No matter which one you pick, we are sure that you will have fun and start winning in no time: Good luck!