Playing online roulette in Canada is a lot easier than you might think. Online casinos in Canada can be found in abundance, and each offers you the chance to play roulette online for real money, with dozens of titles for you to choose from.
If you aren’t sure what you’re dealing with, are wondering, “is online roulette legal in Canada?” or merely want to learn how to play online roulette in Canada, you’ve come to the right place.
Allow us to walk you through how this game works with our concise but in-depth guide to betting online in the North American country.
- 1Your guide to playing roulette online in Canada
- 2Play at the best online roulette sites in Canada
- 3Learn how to bet on online roulette Canada in 2022
- 4Your odds of success – How to land wins playing online roulette
- 5Pick your poison – Popular online roulette games with Canadian gamblers
- 6Top tips and tricks for playing online roulette in Canada
- 7Pick up a promo – Casino bonuses for Canadian players
- 8Effective strategies to boost your chances of online roulette success
- 9Recommended payment options at online casinos in Canada
- 10The perks and pitfalls of playing roulette in Canada’s top casinos
- 11Frequently asked questions about the best casinos in Canada that offer online roulette
Play Canada's best online roulette sites in 2022
Online roulette in Canada – A brief history
Your guide to playing roulette online in Canada
It doesn’t matter which roulette sites in Canada you join – most roulette casinos games are played with strikingly similar rules. In most online roulette games, there are going to be thirty-six numbered pockets, colored in red and black.
Canadian online roulette games may be American or European in design, ensuring that there is one (European), or two (American) zero-pocket options for bettors. After placing your bet on whatever pocket (or pockets) you want, a ball is dropped into the spinning roulette wheel.
If it lands in a pocket deemed favorable to your bet, you’ll win a prize. If it lands in another numbered pocket, you’ll likely lose. If it lands in the zero (or any of the zeroes), it is game over immediately. These rules are typically always found whether you play low-stakes roulette or high roller games.
Play at the best online roulette sites in Canada
Learn how to bet on online roulette Canada in 2022
If you want to get an idea of how the game works, we’d recommend that you play roulette online in Canada for free. There are lots of nifty online casino games that have been made freely available, and these allow you to practice online roulette gambling. This is valuable, especially if you fancy playing at a high roller casino later down the line.
However, if you’re interested in learning the steps, we’ll walk you through them below. They are quite simple and involve:
- Find the roulette game that ticks your boxes.
- Move your chips onto one of the “bets” on the betting board. Be sure that your bet falls within the table’s minimum and maximum stakes.
- If you’re playing the RNG game, you can hit the spin button to get started. If you’re playing a live dealer game, the action should take place automatically once the betting window closes.
- If the ball lands in a roulette pocket deemed favorable to your bet, you’ll win. If it doesn’t – you won’t.
Your odds of success – How to land wins playing online roulette
There are many types of bets to learn (from straight-up bets to roulette corner bets) when you play online roulette in Canada with real money. These can be divided into three types of stakes – inside, outside, and racetrack bets. We’ve introduced you to them below:
How to play
How to Play
How to Play
Pick your poison – Popular online roulette games with Canadian gamblers
Almost all major casino software providers have developed roulette games. Most revolved around the three classic games. They include:
- American roulette: Contains two zeros and a house edge of 5.26%
- European roulette: Contains a single zero and a house edge of 2.7%.
- French roulette: Contains a racetrack, La Partage/En Prison rules, and a house edge of 1.35%.
As you can see, real roulette advantages can be had when you play French or European roulette over American roulette. There are other titles that could be amongst the best online roulette games in Canada, and they include:
- Mini Roulette: A game played with just twelve numbers and a single zero.
- Live roulette: Played over a live stream with a human dealer controlling the action.
- Auto roulette: A high roller game suitable for fast-paced action.
- Speed roulette: A speedy version that leaves very narrow betting windows between games.
- Double Ball Roulette: A game that involves two balls dropped into the wheel and altered payouts.
- Jackpot roulette: A jackpot version that may contain a progressive pocket or a side-bet with a jackpot.
- Multi-wheel roulette: Bet on several roulette wheels at once with this simple game.
Top tips and tricks for playing online roulette in Canada
If you’re based in Canada and want to play top online roulette games, it can’t hurt improving your skills. Here are our rapid roulette tips and tricks to help you get started:
- Play free online roulette games in Canada to gain practice and to test your strategies.
- Play an online roulette game with a single zero. Never opt for American roulette.
- Never bet everything on a single number in real money roulette.
- Avoid the Martingale in favor of the Reverse Martingale, as it is safer.
- Play with En Prison/La Partage rules, as these lower the house edge to 1.36% and give you a snippet of a chance to win some of your money back.
- Learn how to “cover the wheel” as this gives you your best shot of success.
Pick up a promo – Casino bonuses for Canadian players
While most top sites, ranging from high roller betting sites to $5 minimum deposit casinos Canada, tend to carry bonuses, not all of them are suitable for roulette. Some bonuses are reserved for slots only. What is the best online roulette Canadian site for bonuses? The ones that offer these deals:
- Casino welcome bonus: A typical online roulette bonus that is offered to new players and can see them pocket a stack of cash based on how much they deposit.
- Casino reload bonus: Like the welcome bonus, except that this deposit bonus isn’t reserved for new members.
- Table game tournaments: These aren’t so many bonuses, but more competitions where the victors can win cash prizes and goodies.
- Table game bonus: A one-off bonus that forms a weekly or monthly special, perhaps. Some may offer you added cash bonuses if you land on hot numbers or so on. The terms and conditions attached to these are naturally subject to change.
Effective strategies to boost your chances of online roulette success
Other types of roulette strategies teach you how to play and make the most of each spin. These can include:
*Don’t hesitate to read our guides on systems and strategies such as the roulette attack strategy to learn more about how they work.
Recommended payment options at online casinos in Canada
To play the very best online roulette games and win real money, you’re going to need to find your account. Doing so is a doddle in Canada, and some payment methods have proven more popular than others.
You can play a casino’s roulette games when you deposit with debit and credit cards, e-wallets, and even cryptocurrencies. However, the most popular options are these three:
Other payment methods available for Canadian gamblers:
Play online roulette in Canada on the go
Live dealer roulette at online casinos in Canada
Online live roulette games in Canada are commonplace. Any of the casinos we recommend are ideal for playing live online roulette in Canada.
Roulette games tend to be from established providers such as Ezugi, Pragmatic Play, and industry leader Evolution Gaming.
The latter has one of the largest collections of roulette games, including top titles like Lightning Roulette and Immersive Roulette.
The perks and pitfalls of playing roulette in Canada’s top casinos
There are pros and cons to playing online roulette in Canada. If you are considering playing roulette, here’s what you need to know about the roulette wheel:
- Plenty of variants exist, giving you options
- Many betting strategies are designed for roulette
- The game can be found in every Canadian casino
- Strategies don’t work with lengthy losing streaks
- Roulette is very much renowned as a game of chance and cannot be accurately predicted
Frequently asked questions about the best casinos in Canada that offer online roulette
Join our top and recommended online roulette casinos in Canada today
By now, you should have a good idea of what playing online roulette in Canada can offer you. The next step is to head over to one of our recommended Canadian casinos, choose an online roulette and then put that online casino bonus to good use playing the best roulette games in Canada.
Head over to our Canada casino reviews to find the sites with the best roulette tables, and casino bonus offers today.