Slot games are more diverse than you think: Contrary to popular belief, not all of them are played the “same way”. We can even say that types of slot machines are richer than many other casino games. For example, blackjack has only a few basic variants, while only classic slot machines offer almost a dozen variants. Different types of slot machines offer a different gaming experience, so finding the one that suits you most is important for a quality experience. In this guide, we talk about all the types of slot machines in casinos and give practical examples for each. We will also list the best casino sites where you can try these games. Let’s start spinning the reels: Dozens of slots with bonus games are waiting for us!
- 1Play Different Types Of Slot Machines In These Casinos
- 2Basic Types Of Slot Machines In Casinos
- 3Types Of Slot Machines: The Classic Ones
- 4Types Of Slot Machines: The Modern Ones
- 5Types Of Slot Machines: The Jackpots
- 6Types Of Casino Slot Machines: The “Classes”
- 7Different Types Of Slot Machines: The “Hot” And “Cold” Ones
- 8RTP And House Edge: The “Secret” Of Slot Payouts
- 9Types Of Video Slot Machines According To Their Bonus Rounds
- 10Making A Payment To Play Different Types Of Slot Machines: What Are Your Options?
- 11Find The Best Types Of Slot Machines To Play, Try Them Today
Play Different Types Of Slot Machines In These Casinos
There are lots of different types of money slot machines in casinos, but only some casinos are worth your time. We have some strict criteria when it comes to picking online and mobile casino sites: We make sure that our visitors get the best possible experience. We picked the following casino sites for you and guarantee that you will find all types of slot machines in them, with the most useful bonuses. No matter what kind of slot you like, they will offer you hundreds of different options. Pick one, become a member, and start spinning the reels of different types of slot machines. Good luck!
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €500;
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €300;
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200;
- Wagering requirements: 35x
- Minimum deposit: €20
- 1st deposit: 90% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Gates of Olympus;
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins on The Hand of Midas;
- 3rd deposit: 75% up to €500 + 75 Free Spins on Sugar Rush.
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €1000 + 50 Free Spins
- 2nd deposit: 100% up to €250
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €250
- 4th deposit: 50% up to €250
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements: 35x (Bonus + deposit)
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 100% up to €1000 + 100 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €1000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €25
Time2Spin Casino VIP Welcome Bonus: 600% up to €6000 + 600 Free Spins
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 250% up to €2000 + 250 Free Spins
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to €2000 + 150 Free Spins
- 3rd Depsoit Bonus: 200% up to €12000 + 200 Free Spins
- Wagering requirements: 35x (bonus + deposit)
- Minimum deposit for the bonus: €250
- 1st Deposit Bonus: 400% up to £/$/€800
- 2nd Deposit Bonus: 150% up to £/$/€1,000
- 3rd Deposit Bonus: 200% up to £/$/€1,200
- Minimum deposit: €25
- Wagering requirements: 50x (bonus)
Other bonuses are up for claim:
- Crypto Bonus: 500% up to £/$/€500
- Weekend Recharge Bonus: 75% up to £/$/€500
- Daily Casino Cashback: 5% up to £/$/€2,000
- Daily Extra Cashback: 30% extra cashback up to £/$/€2,000
Basic Types Of Slot Machines In Casinos
Let’s start listing different types of slot machines with the most basic categories. Each of these categories contains several sub-categories and we will explain them too. The following are the most common types of slot machines in casinos:
Top online casinos selection
Types Of Slot Machines: The Classic Ones
After listing the basic types of slot machines, we can start talking about sub-categories. Let’s take a look at classic slots first. These are the types of classic slot machines in casinos:
Types Of Slot Machines: The Modern Ones
The modern types of slot machines offer four main sub-categories. These are:
- Classic Video Slots: The first thing that comes to mind when someone says “online slots”. They are called classic because they are just an upgraded version of fruit slots. In other words, they offer more than classic slots but they don’t have innovative features. Vikings Go Berzerk is a good example: It has free spins, multipliers, and good payouts, all the things you can ask from a slot machine.
- Cascade Reels: Netent calls this feature “Avalanche” (i.e. Gonzo’s Quest) and Microgaming names it “Rolling Reels” (i.e. Basketball Star). In any case, it works the same and offers an innovative feature: When you score a winning, all the symbols in that combination will disappear from reels and new ones will appear. If these new symbols also create a winning combination, the process will repeat itself.
- 3D Slots: Video slots with very high graphics quality, almost as good as CGI movies. Contrary to the popular belief, you don’t need “glasses” to play them, the term “3D” is a reference to their visual quality.
- VR Slots: Short for virtual reality slots. You need VR glasses to play them and it is possible to use hand gestures to control the reels. They are rare at the moment but many analysts think that they represent the future of casino games.
There are lots of vampire-themed slots but not every one of them is good: Only a couple of these games are worth playing. Well, Immortal Romance slot by Microgaming may be the best of these options – it is, in fact, probably the most popular vampire-themed slot.Immortal Romance
Types Of Casino Slot Machines: The “Classes”
Believe it or not, there are different types of slot machines based on “classes” too. There are two categories, Class II and Class III, and although both are slot machines, they use quite different mechanics. Before we give detailed information, let’s say that this distinction is valid only in terrestrial casinos. Online casinos do not have different class types of slot machines.
- You can see Class II slots in Indian casinos or in parlors where slot machines are placed in bulk. They are very rare in Las Vegas casinos and we can say that they are specific to Indian casinos. It is very easy to identify them because they have a “bingo card” at the bottom. Yes, it’s a real (and digital) bingo card. These games are legally referred to as “video bingo” machines.
- Class III refers to different types of slot machines we are used to. In other words, it covers all types of slot machines in casinos such as fruit, video, jackpot, etc. All slot games in legal terrestrial casinos are considered “Class III”. So, what’s the reason for this distinction? Why was a category like “Class II” needed?
Class II slot machines are generally preferred by older players and they can be played at very low costs. We recommend that you try them if you visit an Indian casino, but they cannot replace real slot machines.
Types Of Slot Machines: The Jackpots
Type Of Jackpot
Different Types Of Slot Machines: The “Hot” And “Cold” Ones
So, do some types of slot machines pay off better than others? The answer is yes, but it is not the answer you were thinking of. Let us explain: There are different types of slot machines in casinos according to their payouts too. The players call some games “hot” and some others “cold”. Some casino sites offer a separate categorization based on these terms. So, what do they mean?
- A “hot” slot machine has not paid for a long time and therefore players are more likely to win.
- A “cold” slot machine paid off very recently and is not expected to pay again over a long period of time.
When slot machines first appeared, they were working with real cogs and had to be winded-up just like a clock. Before making a payment, the cogs and springs were stretched and held still for a while. This position would cause a certain part of the machine to heat up. By touching this section, players could tell if a game would pay off soon or not. The legend of “hot” and “cold” originates mainly from here. As you can imagine, this legend has no validity nowadays: Slot machines no longer contain real cogs and springs and do not “heat up”. So this belief has no basis. It is also wrong to think that a game recently paid will not pay for a long time (except for progressive jackpots). Because in every spin, all possibilities are reset and the dice are rolled again. You can simply win two times in a row, this is possible. Also, you may not win for a long time – this is also possible. It all depends on how lucky you really are.
RTP And House Edge: The “Secret” Of Slot Payouts
So, how do some types of slot machines (especially popular slots) pay more often and more than others? The answer is in the “RTP” and “house edge” terms. RTP is the shortened version of “return to player” and determines how much of your investment can be recovered. House edge shows how much profit the casino will make from your bets. These values are determined after an average of 1,000 spins and show how often 3 and 5 reel slots will pay. Let’s try to explain it with a simple example: If a game’s RTP value is 97%, the house edge rate is 3% (the sum should always be 100%). This means that if you invest 100 EUR in this game, you will be able to recover 97 EUR in the long run. Your loss will be limited to 3 EUR. 3 EUR is also the profit the casino will make from your bets. This applies to all types of slot machines in casinos: Each and every game has an RTP and a house edge rate.
As you can imagine, high RTP rates are good for the player. It is not possible to find slot games with 100% RTP rates, because the casinos cannot make a profit with such rates. But you can find odds as close as possible to 100%: Some types of 5 reel 3 row slot machines offer 99% RTP values. In general, we recommend that you prefer games with RTP rates of 95% and above. The higher the RTP, the more frequent the payments will be. In other words, games with high RTP rates do not pay more but pay more often – in the long run, this is more advantageous.
Do not misunderstand the RTP concept and do not expect to win immediately while playing, for example, a game with a 98% rate. These rates are obtained after an average of 1,000 spins, as we mentioned above. In other words, you have to play for a long time to see some results.
Types Of Video Slot Machines According To Their Bonus Rounds
We have a final categorization: It is possible to create a list of types of slot machines according to their bonus features too. As mentioned above, video slot games almost always include bonus rounds/features, and they are pretty common in classic slots too. So, what are these bonus rounds and what are the different types of slot machines based on this distinction?
Making A Payment To Play Different Types Of Slot Machines: What Are Your Options?
Well, we talked about all types of slot machines and now you know what to expect. There is still one topic we need to mention in this guide: Payments. No matter which types of slot machines in casinos appeal to you, you need to make a deposit and a withdrawal sooner or later. To do that, you can use lots of different methods – it is even possible to pay with Western Union at casinos. However, some methods are simply better than others. In this context, we recommend paying with the following options to play different types of slot machines with real money, all of these being available at Zimpler casino sites and PugglePay casino sites:
FAQ: Your questions on the types of slot machines answered
Find The Best Types Of Slot Machines To Play, Try Them Today
We talked about all types of slot machines: You are now ready to play like a professional slot player. The only thing left is picking an online casino to play different types of slot machines with the best bonuses. Well, we showed you how to do that too – just pick one of our recommended casino sites above. Don’t forget to claim your bonus too, you can easily double or triple your starting bankroll. It is time to spin the reels and make money: May the Lady Luck always be with you!
Other related articles: