We know that finding an online casino in Austria is hard: This country has a problematic history when it comes to online gambling. Austria loves land-based casinos, but for some reason, despite online games – more info about this below. However, just because finding a casino Austria online is hard does not mean that you are out ıf options. Austrian players can still play online casino games and moreover, benefit from Austria online casino bonus promotions. In this article, we will tell you how you can these and much more – we will even talk about the future of online gambling in this country. Let’s start and learn how to pick a top online casino Austria: If you know what to look for, this is not a hard job, we guarantee it.
Recommended Online Casino Picks For Austria
Welcome Bonus: 100% up to €500 + 200 Free Spins
- min. deposit: €20
20 EUR minimum deposit is needed for activating bonus.
Our Best Online Casino Austria Criteria
First, we will explain how we pick and evaluate online casinos in general. The explanations here apply to all online casinos, regardless of the country. We will also provide special tips and tricks for Austrian players, but you should know how to examine casinos in general too. In this regard, we look for the following while reviewing online casinos and we highly recommend you to do the same:
- Game Variety: As a general rule, all online casinos should work with reputable providers and offer at least 700+ games to their members. In this regard, we especially look for the following providers because they are the biggest names in this industry and able to develop high-quality games: IGT, Netent, Novomatic, iSoftBet, Play N GO, Microgaming, and Betsoft. There are other good providers too, of course, but these are usually considered the best ones.
- History, Legality, Fairness. The best international online casino is usually the oldest one: While newly established sites still offer good bonuses, they cannot beat the reliability of old ones. But being old is not enough: The casino must operate under a reputable and prestigious license, such as the United Kingdom Gambling Commission and Malta Gambling Authority. Doing so will make these casinos legal and trustable, and moreover, fair. In this respect, casinos working with independent auditors (such as eCOGRA) has a special place in our best online casino Austria
- Bonuses, Promotions and Loyalty Programs. Everybody likes bonuses and we like them too. In fact, for most players, the best casino in the world is the one that offers high rates for deposits and reloads. Well, we are not fooled that easily – we also check for how fair these offers are. We only suggest taking advantage of bonuses that have fair and realistic terms.
- Customer Support. Even the best online casino worldwide cannot offer an enjoyable gambling experience if customer support is useless. The customer representatives must be professional and helpful. Moreover, there should be multiple ways to reach the support team.
- Language and Currency Support. English support is a must, as can be expected, but we like to see support for other languages too, especially Nordic ones. In this regard, we especially like casinos that support multiple currencies, as they eliminate the financial loss that comes with exchange rates.
- Payment Options. Lastly, we expect to see lots of payment methods for deposits and withdrawals. The more the merrier: Bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets (PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, etc.), crypto-currencies, prepaid cards… As long as the clients don’t feel like they are forced to use a specific payment method, we are good.
Top Online Casinos In Austria
After this explanation, we can start focusing on casino online Austria topic. Don’t worry, we won’t waste any more time: Below, you can see the online casinos we selected for you. All of these sites accept members from Austria and each of them meets our criteria, which we explained in detail above. Take a look at this list and pick any of them to play: We guarantee that this will be a safe, secure, and fun experience. To learn more about online casinos in Austria, keep reading.
Top Online Casino List Accepting Austrian Players
Is Online Gambling Legal On Austria?
As we mentioned above, gambling is not really illegal in Austria. In fact, Austria is among the countries that allow gambling and hosts some of the most famous casino buildings in Europe. Land-based casinos, sports betting, lotteries, and other types of “physical” gambling are completely legal. However, all of these are strictly regulated by the government itself, via the Austrian Ministry of Finance. Getting a license for a land-based casino costs 110.000 EUR (10.000 EUR for the application, 100.000 EUR for the license itself). Other than fantasy sports betting, you can get a license for any type of land-based gambling in this country.
However, for some reason, online gambling doesn’t get any “love” from the government. Legally, it is possible to get an electronic gambling license from the same governmental body, but it has two strict terms: The applicant must be a citizen of Austria and the servers of this service must be physically located in Austria.
Thing is, the big names in the online gambling industry already set up shop in off-shore islands or other countries with less strict taxing laws. They won’t relocate their servers to Austria just to be able to offer localized services. Even if they do, none of the owners of these companies are Austrian citizens, as far as we know. Therefore, even it is theoretically possible and legal to launch an online casino in Austria, none of the players in the industry are willing to do so. As a result, there are no local online casinos in Austria: Citizens of this country must prefer “off-shore gambling”.
Things To Look For When Picking An Online Casino Austria
Now, this is not a bad thing: the Austrian government does not restrict access to offshore gambling sites nor limits the financial transactions. In other words, as long as you are playing at a reputable and legal casino, you won’t have any problems with regards to games and payment. However, there are still some things you should know as an Austrian player – you can find these below.
- Game Collection. Some of the providers restrict their game collection according to countries. Usually, Netent and NYX Gaming are the two big developers that apply this practice. A big part of the games of these developers cannot be played from certain countries, such as Canada and Austria. There is nothing you can do in this regard: This is a provider restriction and not related to the casino itself. Note that this will mostly effect slot machines and not card & table games, so you can still play casino Austria online roulette games, for example. Looking for the best game suited for your needs? Come check out our online casino games guide.
- Customer Support. The customer support team will be in a foreign country and there will be no local support you can get. This is not a bad thing actually, as most of the European countries do not get local support teams too. However, note that you won’t be also getting a local telephone number. In other words, if you call the support number of the casino, international rates may apply.
- Bonus Offers. Because of local laws and regulations, some bonus offers won’t be available to you. For example, some of the no deposit bonus offers won’t apply to you. Once again, there is nothing you can do in this regard, this happens because of the license terms of the casino. Players from the UK also suffers from the same issue, they don’t get high match rates because of the UKGC license terms.
- Payment Issues. Generally speaking, you won’t experience any problems with regards to deposits and withdrawals. As mentioned above, the government does not restrict financial transfers from and to online casinos. However, to be on the safe side, we recommend using e-wallet services and crypto-currencies, if possible.If you would like to use other payment methods we recommend reading about them in our “Payment Casino” article
- Licensing. This is of crucial importance: If you experience a problem, especially a financial one, you cannot apply to an Austrian court to resolve the issue. This is because you are not using a locally licensed service. Therefore, you must only pick legal, safe, and secure casinos. Don’t worry: As long as you pick one of our recommended casinos that use reputable licenses, you are good. Never play at an unlicensed casino.
The Future Of Austria Online Casinos
Nobody expects to see a meaningful change in regards to online gambling laws in the near future. If online gambling was declared illegal, there may be something to do – such as applying to The European Court of Justice. However, remember that gambling and online gambling are not illegal in Austria. Both are legal but heavily regulated. Online gambling is still legal and has a separate license: The only problem is that it has heavy terms and conditions. And nobody can force a country to change its regulations in this matter. In short, don’t expect to see any changes in the near future.
Pros and Cons Of Online Austria Casinos
- Gambling is legal, online casinos included
- Sports betting is legal too
- Offshore gambling is not restricted
- Licenses of online casinos have absurd terms and conditions
- Offshore online casinos are the only viable option
FAQ About Casino Online In Austria
Austrian players can still access to the best casino games and bonus offers as long as they follow our advice and pick one of our recommended casinos. Now you know which casinos are the best for Austria and how to use them: It is time to start gambling. Practice with the demo versions of the games first and then try your luck with the real money gameplay. Don’t forget to visit us often as we regularly update our content. See you at the tables!