Online gambling in Spain is not only legal but a “local tradition” too: Spanish players really love to gamble. According to statistics, each Spanish citizen spends 480 EUR every year on average for gambling activities. The world’s biggest lottery, called “El Gordo”, is also located in Spain: Its prize pool is bigger than 1.7 billion EUR and the tickets are sold for 200 EUR. (El Gordo means “the fat one”, by the way.) Spain is the world’s 16th country in regards to purchasing power parity, and gambling takes an important place in its economy. Yes, gambling is completely legal in Spain and there are a lot of options that are available to Spanish players. But which ones are the best? How to find the best online casinos in Spain? As always, we will be happy to answer this question and inform you more about the top online casino Spain websites. Let’s start: We have a lot to cover.
- Get up to 100 EUR, 100%First deposit is matched by 100%, up to 100 EUR –
- Example 1: Deposit €50 and get €50 in Unibet Bonus Money. –
- Example 2: Deposit €100 and get €100 in Unibet Bonus Mone
Online Gambling Industry In Spain: History And Legality
If you are wondering if online casino is legal in Spain, the answer is yes: According to Spanish Gambling Act, the legal online gambling age Spain is 18 and there are no restrictions in this regard – you can play at online casinos, sports betting sites, brick-and-mortar-casinos, and participate in all kinds of gambling activities. The truth is Spain was the first country in Europe that legalized gambling entirely (more than 30 years ago) but this was ineffective due to the nature of the country. Spain consists of 13 autonomous regions and each of them had their own laws and legislation about gambling. So a decision made by the national government did not affect the Catalonia region, for example.
In 2011, a nationwide Gaming Act came into effect and declared all forms of gambling as legal in all regions. As of 2021, online gambling law in Spain is the Gaming Act and it is effective in all regions. If you want to launch a local Spain casino website, you need to acquire a license from the authorized agency and obtain a web address that ends with “.es”. However, playing at offshore casino sites is also legal and the government does not restrict nor censor these sites in any way. In short, gambling is completely legal in Spain and there are no problems in this regard.
Which One Is The Best Online Casino In Spain? Check Our List!
Yes, playing in the online casino in Spain is legal, but this does not mean that you should play at any casino site. The quality of your online gambling experience will depend on the casino site you pick, so you should be extra careful. In order to help you, we already prepared the best casino online in Spain list, you can see it below. If you are wondering why our recommendations are different than others, here are the reasons:
- All of these casino sites are licensed from prestigious agencies such as Malta Gambling Authority and United Kingdom Gambling Commission. They are completely legal and respected online casinos.
- They all offer the full game collection of well-known providers, such as Microgaming, Quickfire, Amatic Gaming, Play’n GO, Pragmatic Gaming, and WMS.
- We tested each of them thoroughly to endure that you are getting a flawless online gambling experience in all aspects.
If you want to know about our review process, keep reading: We are explaining it below. Or, just pick the online casino Spain from the list and start playing right now – thousands of casino games are waiting for you in our online casino games guide!
Best Online Casino List For Spanish Players
How Do We Evaluate Internet Casinos In Spain
Over the years, we have developed a list that includes every important feature in online casinos. While evaluating them, we use this “checklist” in order to find how good that casino really is. But more importantly, we are able to tailor that list according to the status in specific countries. For example, we check for different things in countries where gambling is considered illegal, and look for other things in countries where it is legal. In other words, we can offer you personalized online casino reviews, based on your specific needs. In this regard, here are the criteria we used for preparing that best online casino in Spain list above:
- Specialized content for Spanish players. We are talking about Spanish language casinos here: Are you able to see the website of the casino in Spanish? Can you play games in your own language? More importantly, does the casino site offers Spanish customer support? We believe that getting special and localized services in important, so our best online casino Spain sites can offer you all of these and more.
- Bonus offers open to Spain and its regions. Since online gambling in Spain is legal, you won’t be having any difficulties in regards to claiming bonus offers. All promotions will be available to you, no matter which region you are living in. Therefore, we check for how useful that bonus offers really are. In other words, we look at their wagering rates, time limitations, and average rates in order to ensure that they are really offering an advantage to you.
- Online security approved by the Spanish government. All websites (including mobile casino Spain sites) must comply with the cybersecurity standards set by NSC (National Security Council). In addition to our SSL and TSL checks, we look at whether the online casino sites meet these additional standards or not.
- Payment methods which are exclusive to Spain. The statistics show that more than half of the Spanish citizens prefer to pay with MasterCard. (Unlike other European countries, VISA comes in second place.) However, in addition to credit cards and bank transfers, there are payment methods exclusive to Spain, such as Allopass, Hipay Wallet, Trustly, Teleingreso, and SafetyPay. We check for how many of these local methods are supported by online casino Spain websites and makes sure you get practical payment solutions.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Spain Online Casinos
Spanish industry of gambling is quite advanced and to be honest, there are no “Disadvantages” we can see. Online gambling is legal in Spain for those aged 18 and older and the government does not restrict this in any way: You can play anywhere and anytime you want. If we show the advantages (and disadvantages) you get in a list:
- You will be truly free. Everybody in Spain, including the government, like gambling: There are no limitations of any kind. Use Bitcoin or your credit card, make a bank transfer, or even pay with e-checks: Your transfers are not monitored and not blocked. You can use desktop PCs or mobile devices to gamble and the internet is your playground – none of the offshore casino sites are censored.
- You will get lots of social gambling opportunities. Social gambling applications are very popular in Spain. If you did not hear the term before, these are gambling games that can be played with friends and on social media platforms. The majority of them are for casual gambling, as can be guessed, but they all offer in-game purchases. Spain has dozens of providers that develop this kind of games so you will be getting a lot of options. For example, Tangelo Games is a Spanish company, which developed nearly a hundred mobile casino games so far.
- Online gambling is on the rise. According to statistics, the size of the regulated gambling market in Spain is increasing by more than 23% every year on average. Barcelona is an excellent place to host hotel & casino buildings, due to its beautiful beaches and lots of international brands (such as Hard Rock International) already applied for a license. And unlike the Czech Republic and Lithuania, there is no upper limit on licenses. Many analysts think that Spain is the rising star of gambling in Europe.
- The number of local operators is very few. Insisting on local casino online Spain sites to have a web address that ends with “.es” is not favored by the operators. You can launch an online casino in Spain without having the brick-and-mortar representations, but the government insists on that address prefix. The number of local operators are quite limited for this reason but don’t worry: Our recommended international online casinos accept Spanish players as members and offer them the best promotions.
- Too many regions make things confusing. This affects the operators, not players, but it is still a disadvantage. Because of the autonomous regions, there are no nationwide licensing other than online casinos. In other words, you need to apply to different authorities if you want to open up a, for example, brick-and-mortar casino in Spain. This makes the whole process unnecessarily complex and long.
Online Casino Croatia
Looking for a great time in Croatia? Check out our Online Casino Croatia articleOnline Casino Croatia
Pros And Cons for Spanish Casino Players
- Online casinos and all forms of gambling are completely legal
- Online casino payments are not restricted at all
- Lots of options for social gambling apps
- Spain is a rising star in the online gambling industry
- No nation-wide brick-and-mortar casino licenses are available
The Most Common Questions About Casino Games In Spain
Our Top Online Casino Spain Sites Offer The Best Gambling Experience
In this guide, we listed a lot of good casino sites for the players from Spain: Now it is time to pick one and start playing. Play real money slots online and another casino Spain online games – don’t forget to use the bonus offers too. Also, remember that you can read our reviews to learn more about Spain friendly online casinos. We constantly update our lists to offer you the best gambling experience available and check the latest bonus offers that will give you an advantage. Visit us often to learn which ones are the best online casinos worldwide and good luck at the tables!