Croatia is truly a beautiful country. It is one of the top 20 most popular tourist destinations in the world and contains lots of natural wonders to visit. If tourists are interested in gambling we have good news. Playing at online casinos in Croatia is legal and any operator can launch a gambling operation in Croatia without having the brick-and-mortar representations. This means players from this country get access to many Croatia casino sites, whether they are local or abroad.
Well, no matter which kind of online casino Croatia you prefer, you need help with finding the best ones. And this is exactly what we are going to do in this article: Casino games are legal in Croatia for those aged 18 and older, and we are here to help you to choose the best ones.
- 1How do we choose the best online casino Croatia sites?
- 2What you need to know about the online gambling industry in Croatia
- 3Who regulates online gambling in Croatia?
- 4Top Croatia Online Casino List for 2022
- 5Mobile casino Croatia
- 6Payment methods you can use at Croatian online casinos
- 7What do we expect from the Croatian gambling industry in the future
- 8The pros and cons of gambling in Croatia
- 9FAQ on casinos accepting players from Croatia
Our picks for the best online casino Croatia sites
Picking the best online casinos in Croatia is not an easy job: We reviewed dozens of online gambling operators and tested their features, casino games, and bonuses personally. After a long and through process, we picked three online casinos. In other words, instead of giving you a particular online casino, we offer three options to choose from.
We believe that these are also among the best online casinos in the world, and they offer everything you are looking for. Pick one and start playing today: good luck!
- 1st Deposit: Use the COBRA100 code. The match rate is 100% and the maximum bonus is 500 EUR. You will also get 250 free spins.
- 2nd Deposit: Use the COBRA50 code. The match rate is 50% and the maximum bonus is 150 EUR. You will also get 50 free spins.
- 3rd Deposit: Use the COBRA125 code. The match rate is 125% and the maximum bonus is 400 EUR. No free spins this time.
- Minimum deposit: €20
- Wagering requirements for the bonus: x30 bonus + deposit
- Max. bet with bonus money: €5
- 1st deposit: 60% up to €100
- 2nd deposit: 50% up to €200 + 25 Free Spins
- 3rd deposit: 40% up to €500 + 50 Free Spins
- wagering requirements: 45x
- 1st deposit: 100% up to €100 + 100 free spins
- 2nd deposit: 75% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘2DEP’
- 3rd deposit: 50% up to €200. Bonus code: ‘3DEP’
- 4th deposit: 100% up to €100. Bonus code: ‘4DEP’
Register today at Pulp Casino, make your first deposit of a minimum €20, and receive up to €4000
How do we choose the best online casino Croatia sites?
We claimed that we found the best online casino Croatia sites for you – so, how did we do this? What is our “secret” and how do we pick Croatia casino sites? More importantly, why you should trust our suggestions? Well, to simply put, we know what we are doing. While evaluating casino online Croatia sites, we use the following criteria:
What you need to know about the online gambling industry in Croatia
Well, the answer to “Is online casino legal in Croatia” question may be yes, but this answer does not include for how long. We can easily fix this mistake: Here is everything you need to know about the history of casino online Croatia websites.
- Croatia was part of the former communist state of Yugoslavia, until 1991. All forms of gambling (with the exception of a government-controlled football betting) were illegal during this period.
- After declaring its independence, Croatia legalized sports betting first, with the “Law on Conducting Games of Chance and Promotional Award Games” in 2003.
- Lots of gambling operators launched local bookies & online casino Croatia sites after that. Until 2010, there were dozens of online casino Croatia legal websites, belonging to big-chains in the United Kingdom and Germany.
- In 2010, the government released another law called “Ordinance on Interactive Online Casino Gaming”. This law regulated online gambling in Croatia and introduced high tax rates (20%).
- As a result of high tax rates, most of these big-chain operators decided to cancel their operations in the country. The number of Croatia online casino sites began to decline. In fact, two local operators started to dominate the casino Croatia online games market: Prva Sportska Kladionica and Super Sport.
- In 2014, the government released one more law about gambling. At the moment, online gambling law in Croatia is called “Zakon o igrama na sreću”.
- The same law also stated that the government cannot ban or censor casino sites abroad, as long as they are licensed from one of the EU countries. In short, the players from Croatia have access to the best international online casino, and this right is protected by the law.
- This regulation made it easy to get a license for an online casino in Croatia and lowered the application fees. At the moment, the fee for licensed internet casinos in Croatia is 3 million HRK, which is equal to 500.000 USD, approximately.
- the legal online gambling age Croatia is 18, like in Slovenia for example.
Global operators left the local market due to high tax rates. So, you can play online casino in Croatia legally, but you cannot find a top online casino in Croatia: Such a website does not exist. This is not a big problem though: As we mentioned above, your right to play at Croatia casino sites abroad is protected by the law. So there is no need to waste time by searching for the best online casino in Croatia.
Who regulates online gambling in Croatia?
- Ministry of Finance: This ministry handles basically everything about gambling and Croatia online casino It also regulates sports betting. It resembles The United Kingdom Gambling Commission, as it is a part of the official government.
- Hrvatska Lutrija: This organization handles the organization of national lotteries.
Pick one of the top online casino Croatia sites below
Well, since you have access to hundreds of online casino Croatia sites, how can you find the best ones among them? Analyzing casino sites is a hard job: It requires extensive knowledge about every aspect of the iGaming industry. We have the required expertise and more – due to our combined experience of decades, we know how to pick the best Croatia casino sites that offer the most advantageous bonuses.
You can start playing online casino roulette Croatia in top desktop and mobile casinos right now: Just pick the online casino Croatia from the list and complete the registration.
Top Croatia Online Casino List for 2022
Mobile casino Croatia
We know the importance of mobile gambling: More and more players prefer to use iOS casinos or Android casinos nowadays. Therefore, we make sure that this feature is supported without a problem at our recommended online casino Croatia sites.
We test Croatia casino sites and Croatia online games on different platforms and operating systems and guarantee that you get the same performance & features no matter what kind of device you are using. We like and support mobile gambling, and make sure our visitors get to enjoy it too.
Payment methods you can use at Croatian online casinos
Croatia online gambling regulation includes quite liberal terms and all types of gambling (including land based and online casino Croatia sites) are fully legal. This also means that you are free to use any payment method you want, whether you are playing at desktop or mobile casino Croatia sites.
However, we believe that some payment options are better than others, so we prepared a list of the best casino payment methods to use at online casino Croatia sites (or online casinos in Europe, for that matter).
Credit cards & debit cards
If you are asking “can you use a credit card at a casino in Croatia”, the answer is yes: You can make deposits and withdrawals with a VISA or MasterCard. You can also use debit cards, such as VISA Electron and Maestro.Using credit cards at online casinos
There are a couple of PayPal casino sites around and you can access them from Croatia too. PayPal is the “king” when it comes to electronic payments: All transfers are near instant, and the fees are very low.Best PayPal Casinos
E-wallets & prepaid cards
As an alternative e-wallet provider, you can use Skrill and/or Neteller too – they are as good as PayPal. For deposits, we also recommend using prepaid cards such as Paysafe: They are very safe, instant, and free of charge.Best Skrill Casinos
Crypto gambling will not be protected by the Croatian law
Croatia is one of the rare European countries that officially support cryptocurrencies. In fact, the government itself has a cryptocurrency of its own, called UBIK. However, the government is aware that due to the nature of cryptocurrencies, it is near impossible to uncover transaction details.
The official gambling law in Croatia states that online gambling with cryptocurrencies is allowed and legal, but if you make a blockchain-based transaction to an online casino Croatia site, you won’t be protected by the Croatian law.
What do we expect from the Croatian gambling industry in the future
To be honest, nothing. The current situation is good enough: Yes, there are no local Croatia casino sites where you can play Croatia roulette casino games online, for example, but you have a legal right to do this in an online casino abroad. This is the only country that guarantees by law its citizens’ right to play on offshore Croatia casino sites, therefore make sure you read our “is online roulette rigged” guide so you can ensure fair play.
Instead of lowering the tax rate, they simply gave the option to play online casino game Croatia on any website on the internet. The government does not block or track gambling-related payments and actively supports cryptocurrencies. This is more than any gambler can ask: Croatia is a very good country to be a gambler.
If you want to see more Croatia casino recommendations, make sure to visit our casino reviews section. We have dozens of casino sites to recommend for every country – our visitors get to play at legal, safe, secure, and fair online casinos. And do not forget to take a look at our casino strategy guides before starting to play: We share the most useful tips and tricks for every game you can play.
Casinos by Country
If you would like to find out more about other countries and their regulations regarding online gambling, head on over to our other article.Casinos By Country
The pros and cons of gambling in Croatia
- Gambling is fully legal
- You can use any payment method you want
- Offshore operators are not restricted
- Gambling tax is quite high (up to 30%) for winnings
FAQ on casinos accepting players from Croatia
We checked all new online casinos and picked the best slot sites in Croatia for you: They offer all kinds of other games too! Simply put, if you want to play at the best online casino Croatia, you are at the right place. Check our list of online casino Croatia sites above, choose one, and register today: Win big with your welcome bonus!